Ames Buffalo Wild Wings, workers in Hawk shirts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Just don't tip the hawk servers, it is that easy.

Seriously, it is a free country, people can wear what they want. I wear Iowa State polos to work and I work at a different college in Iowa.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
Its a known fact that Iowa Grads are very proficient in Hotel/Restauarant Management no matter their actual Degree, no issues here just embrace it and feel fortunate that you were able to be accepted and complete a degree at Iowa State University...

dxmonger

Dec 18, 2008
Wallaby's in Ames...

Better food, plenty of Cyclone stuff on the walls, and the boneless wings are known as Hawkeye Wings.
Love it!

Reactions: InCytful

CSheen

Feb 10, 2011
If I am in the mood for boneless wings and a cold beer, I go to BWW... Why? because their boneless wings and sauces are superior to other places in Ames. That being said, Yeah its probably going to **** people off to see girls in Hawkeye gear, but its their freedom.
They will suffer the consequences most likely by seeing reduced tips, A good manager would realize this, But really cant do any more than say, Hey I realize everyone has opinions on favorite teams, However this is Ames, and It would be in your strongest interest to refrain from wearing items that may reduce your own, or the restaurants profit making capability.

C

CyBer

Wallaby's in Ames...

Better food, plenty of Cyclone stuff on the walls, and the boneless wings are known as Hawkeye Wings.
Love it!

Agree, good place and great food. I actually reccomend getting fish and chips there. They are really, and I was scared to try them (being from the middle of the country and such).

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
If its a hawk serving you the solution is simple, just say this, "If you were wearing ISU clothing, I'd tip you a lot more. Now, go get me another beer."

Reactions: isukendall

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I love bww I would go there more if I had money. To tell you the truth I have never been to wallabys or wcw because of the lack of money, hoping to go sometime soon though.

As others have said though just don't tip the hawk ones.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
I realize it's easy to bash on hok fans and say most of them didn't actually go to the school. I didn't go to ISU but I grew up a die-hard clone fan (still am) because my parents did attend ISU and brought my family to all ISU sporting events while we were growing up. I go to UNI now but I will always cheer for the clones. I'm way to stubborn of a fan to go to EIU, but if for some reason I would have gone there, I would always wear my State gear. Perhaps this is what you witnessed? But I have been to 4 separate BWWs and I have had nothing but horrible service and never gone back to the same one twice. I thought that it was probably just the certain ones I was at, but it's pretty obvious it is a chain-wide terribleness.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
I agree it is weak...but to be consistent, couldn't a local Ames restaurateur make a same or similar argument about you spending your money at a large corporate chain instead of supporting locally owned Ames businesses (especially given how many of them directly support ISU)?

Could be a bit of hypocrisy there?

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Does anyone really think they wear Iowa State stuff on gameday in Iowa City? The workers not only have Iowa t shirts, but have large glitter hawk heads on their shirts. The message was clear to me. We will not go there again unless things change, and will support places that respect I State. (it would not have bothered me is they were UNI fans and wore their shirts on Saturday, that I could respect)

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
This is just poor business on the managers part. If you don't want to wear ISU stuff than wear a white shirt. I bet you wouldn't see anyone wearing ISU stuff at the BWW in Iowa City or even Cedar Rapids. I agree with the original poster. If it would have been me, I would have never got past the front door. BWW food is pretty darn marginal anyway, why would I want to pay that kind of money for marginal food served by someone that would wear the rivals shirt, especially right in the city the school was in.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
That is BS, IMO. I would not frequent that place if I were an Ames resident. Not to mention, BWW has the nastiest food in the restaurant biz.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
As a Hawk fan, I find it funny. But it's pretty damn stupid if you're trying to run a successful business.

Status
Not open for further replies.