Happy Green Lantern Day!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
All right. Almost time to head off for the matinee showing of Green Lantern.

What are people thinking about this one?

I've been torn. I've always wanted to see a Green Lantern film, but there's still some doubt left about how well they'll pull this thing off.

Sounds like reviews are all over the board.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Cheap seats for me. The animated movie First Flight was awesome and I know this movie wont come close to that.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
To put it in perspective, X-Men Origins: Wolverine is currently rated higher on Rotten Tomatoes.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
DC and Warner Bros need to figure their **** out if they want to pull off this Justice League movie.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I saw it this afternoon and I thought it was decent. I'm a huge fan of comics and even I think the that Green Lantern in general is cheesy so I didnt have too much hope going into this. It's entertaining and that's all I really cared about.

BTW, the woman that plays Carol Ferris is absolutely stunning.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
DC and Warner Bros need to figure their **** out if they want to pull off this Justice League movie.

Where are you getting your information from? As far as I know, they are not even thinking about a JLA movie. Marvel has been building towards an Avengers, and you can see it in each film, but DC has not announced this. They are not going to put Nolan's Batman in with the Green Lantern, they are in the process of redoing Superman, and there are no other properties for the other heroes on the horizon( Martian Manhunter, or more importantly, Wonder Woman). This will probably be the weakest comic book movie this summer. Thor and Super 8 were both better.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Where are you getting your information from? As far as I know, they are not even thinking about a JLA movie. Marvel has been building towards an Avengers, and you can see it in each film, but DC has not announced this. They are not going to put Nolan's Batman in with the Green Lantern, they are in the process of redoing Superman, and there are no other properties for the other heroes on the horizon( Martian Manhunter, or more importantly, Wonder Woman). This will probably be the weakest comic book movie this summer. Thor and Super 8 were both better.

I really enjoyed this movie, but I'd agree that it'll be the weakest of the 4 major comic movie. Thor and X-Men were outstanding, and I have high hopes for Captain America. Whether those high hopes are just wishful thinking or not, I don't know, but I'll know in a month.

There have been intermittent rumors about a Justice League movie for a couple of years. Last I "knew", the idea was off the table. That'll change back and forth 10 more times by the end of the year.

I think the Avengers are a lot easier for a live-action movie than the Justice League. So many of the JLA heroes are almost too larger-than-life for that movie to work.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
JLA was on the table around the same time Superman Returns was out. That was such a miserable POS that it was shelved.

Nolan's Batman couldn't be in this. He's more real while A JLA movie would need to be more sci-fi. I think the studio realized that Routh just wasn't a good Superman. How does the title character have fewer lines than Lois and Lex?

WW has to be introduced first. What about Hawkman? It's not going to happen any time soon. Superman and GL are going to have to show that they are a draw like Batman is.

Help Support Us

Become a patron