Cards vs Cubs today.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Pujols walk-off in the 12th to win it. I hope this is the moment he gets back on track.
2 homers today and a double.

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5xot0kXtVk]YouTube - ‪Jeff Samardzija‬‏[/ame]

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Quade is quickly showing that he is in over his head. Pujols should have been put on 1st base.

I was pretty surprised they pitched to him even though it looked like they were trying hard to avoid it. I would have put him on no matter what.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I have always considered the St. Louis Cardinals my "NL team." Partly due to the Iowa State/cardinal connection.

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
I have always considered the St. Louis Cardinals my "NL team." Partly due to the Iowa State/cardinal connection.

And I have always considered the Twins my "AL team"! Hope they can get things going yet this year!

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Congrats to the cards for winning, but my god some, not all the fans are acting as if today they won the division or a world series from this single game.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Congrats to the cards for winning, but my god some, not all the fans are acting as if today they won the division or a world series from this single game.

Where are you reading this? I dont see any post annoiting the Cards. I said I hope Pujols turns the corner after this game. Far from them winning the division out right.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Where are you reading this? I dont see any post annoiting the Cards. I said I hope Pujols turns the corner after this game. Far from them winning the division out right.

Just noticing it on comments on espn and then friends who are cards fans are still talking about it hours after the game. Bagging on the cubs obviously...Just reminds me of how Iowa fans call some clones fans obsessed with Iowa, that theres a small sect of cards fans that are obsessed with smack talking the cubs and make a big deal of it... Granted its warranted this year, cause its a tough year for the cubs.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just noticing it on comments on espn and then friends who are cards fans are still talking about it hours after the game. Bagging on the cubs obviously...Just reminds me of how Iowa fans call some clones fans obsessed with Iowa, that theres a small sect of cards fans that are obsessed with smack talking the cubs and make a big deal of it... Granted its warranted this year, cause its a tough year for the cubs.

Comments on ESPN please... And if you are catching **** from friends so be it. It is a rivalry.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I gotta hand it to Pujols, he hit a pitch that wouldn't have been called a strike out of the park. I think the Cubs were trying to "unintentionally" intentionally walk him by trying to throw some pitches hoping he's swing at a bad pitch but in hindsight putting him on 1B and taking your chances with Berkman would have been the wise thing to do.

CloneState1028

Jan 21, 2008
Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
I'm really pumped after this one. Seems like this team just finds ways to win. Didn't the bullpen set down like 17 straight at one point? Pujols looks like he's coming around too. A LOT to be excited about.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I'm really pumped after this one. Seems like this team just finds ways to win. Didn't the bullpen set down like 17 straight at one point? Pujols looks like he's coming around too. A LOT to be excited about.

Ya the bullpen was damn outstanding. I never thought they would be this solid this season. And, there is alot to be excited about...... for now.

cyfreddy

Oct 15, 2006

I would have walked both Pujols and Berkman and then faced I believe the pitcher's position.

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010

Far from it. Just happy to win an extra-inning game over a division rival with a walk-off homer. Fun.