Best place in ames to buy laptop

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
I know they're expensive, but I have had my macbook pro 13" for two years and haven't had a single problem when my roommates with PC's have gone through four laptops between the both of them.

They sell them at the bookstore, but you can get like $200 off online if you're any kind of student or a teacher.

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
surprisingly best buy has some decent prices compared to buying it online. and alleyaddict...your 1 mac probably cost more than their 4 laptops combined

CSheen

Feb 10, 2011
Im a student, and my hp laptop lived three years until I apparently put it in the toilet last night.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
just got the new mac book pros in at the UBS... you get a $100 student discount too.

or get the old macbook pros.. they're like $300 off now which is a dang good deal imo

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
surprisingly best buy has some decent prices compared to buying it online. and alleyaddict...your 1 mac probably cost more than their 4 laptops combined

Not even close.

Original poster: buy a Mac. Unless you think your **** will be bigger with a windows machine.

Last edited by a moderator:

conmebol

Apr 11, 2006
i just picked up the 399 laptop from bestbuy with decent spec. phenom n830 4gb ddr3 500gb hd. i figured that's not too bad

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Not even close.

Original poster: buy a Mac. Unless you think your **** will be bigger with a windows machine.

Lol, considering thats the typical reason mac owners buy theirs, as a status symbol.

Macs are at least 50% overpriced at any time. Buy a PC. If it dies on you in half the time (it wont), you have the remaining money to go buy a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Lol, considering thats the typical reason mac owners buy theirs, as a status symbol.

Macs are at least 50% overpriced at any time. Buy a PC. If it dies on you in half the time (it wont), you have the remaining money to go buy a new one.

Bingo.

I bought an Acer Aspire One netbook from Wal-Mart for $300. Not $300 off, $300. Macs are fine, but they cost too much for what they are.

Get a cheap netbook. I save everything on flash drives and this thing runs like a dream. I've had it for 3 years.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010

I buy Macs because they work and they are easy to use. I'm not a computer guy, I'm just a guy. My computer doesn't define me. It's a tool I need, that's all. I want it to be trouble-free and user-friendly. There's no argument for PCs being as trouble-free or as user-friendly for the average household consumer.

CSheen

Feb 10, 2011
I dont think ill buy a mac, they are nice and all, but I think i'd get more utility out of 600 dollars in whiskey I can save by buying a pc.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
im not a mac person either, just make sure you know you get what you pay for

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Im a student, and my hp laptop lived three years until I apparently put it in the toilet last night.
Charley, I would wait for a Best Buy sale on a laptop that has an HDMI connection. I would look at slkickdeals.org and see what the geeks are saying also.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
That said, i will give some credit to apple for their customer service.. i just had a friend of mine who had had tons of problems with her macbook pro 09 model. After taking it in numerous times they're now giving her a new 2011 model as a replacement.

I will say the MBPs out there right now certainly arent bad computers by any means, especially with the new sandy bridge series processors. A bit overpriced, yes, but not bad computers.

Last edited: