Godfrey

cy8

Apr 26, 2010
His hustle tonight was amazing. He played his butt off and his stats show it. This kid has a bright future and if he makes it to the NBA I think he will be like a smaller shaq. Can't wait for next year.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
He has definitely progressed more than any other player throughout the season. He will be a force in the years to come.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I remember after watching the first exhibition game of the season in person mentioning on this board how big of a fan I was of Godgrey. What a stud.

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I now think our starting five next year goes like this:

G - Allen
G - Christopherson
F-G Ejim
F - Godfrey
F-C White

Backed up, primarily, by:
G - Mghee
F-G Babb
F - Booker
C - Railey

With bits of time left for Palu, Sledge, and Odunsi.

As to Godfrey...and even Ejim...most players, especially big guys, have their greatest development between their frosh and soph years. Given the 5 overseas games and extra 10 practices in the early fall, I'm expecting Godfrey and Ejim to REALLY be impressive next season...high energy, tough offensive rebounders, and with nice scoring capability. Just complete players. Gonna be fun next year....hell, they're fun THIS year!!!

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
gotta like the competition on who starts up front next to RW.

Last edited:

Shinyhappyclone

Aug 25, 2007
iowa
I think he could be a Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant calliber player.

Ok....I couldn't resist. The "smaller shaq" comparison made me laugh. Good to be "Winnnnnnnnnnersssssssss!"

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
mghee
allen
ejim
godfrey
white

I now think our starting five next year goes like this:

G - Allen
G - Christopherson
F-G Ejim
F - Godfrey
F-C White

Backed up, primarily, by:
G - Mghee
F-G Babb
F - Booker
C - Railey

With bits of time left for Palu, Sledge, and Odunsi.

As to Godfrey...and even Ejim...most players, especially big guys, have their greatest development between their frosh and soph years. Given the 5 overseas games and extra 10 practices in the early fall, I'm expecting Godfrey and Ejim to REALLY be impressive next season...high energy, tough offensive rebounders, and with nice scoring capability. Just complete players. Gonna be fun next year....hell, they're fun THIS year!!!

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Calvin played freaking awesome! Wish he didnt have that dumb T at the end, but hey hes a freshmen. The sky is the limit for him.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I said earlier in the year that his upside to me looked like a very good role player, but I didn't think he'd ever score enough to be anything more than an energy rebounder & defender off the bench.

I was wrong. He has come a REALLY long way this season. his finishing around the rim has been outstanding in the last 5 games, he's really learned how to avoid the block and use the glass. His stroke at the FT line is great as well, which makes me think that he'll get more range on his jump shot as he progresses.

I now think he could legitimately be a 16 and 8 type (first or second team Big 12)
player in two years.

I still think he won't start next year, but own the 6th man energy role.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
If he doesn't start next year, I could easily see him being the 6th man of the year in the Big 12.