Farmageddon Commercial

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Got bored and made this up tonight. Probably sucks, but let me know what you think.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU8OxdJlLw4]YouTube - Farmageddon[/ame]

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I think a solid intro for a switch to the present and football for a one minute commercial.

Torn

Jun 6, 2010
Looks good but kinda anticlimactic. Add some intensity after what you have imo, hope you know what I'm saying... Great job though!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I think a solid intro for a switch to the present and football for a one minute commercial.

This.

I love the start. Maybe just a little more agriculture, and if you could segue into some football action, that would be phenomenal.

Ryan Bingham's "Bread and Water" might be a better fit music wise, as that song kicks in pretty hard around the 35 second mark. Just for the football. Otherwise, that intro music is great, you just want something that kicks it up a little for the football action.

Last edited:

ketchupnmustard

Oct 28, 2006
This.

I love the start. Maybe just a little more agriculture, and if you could segue into some football action, that would be phenomenal.

Ryan Bingham's "Bread and Water" might be a better fit music wise, as that song kicks in pretty hard around the 35 second mark. Just for the football. Otherwise, that intro music is great, you just want something that kicks it up a little for the football action.

Let the record show that Al made a post referencing music that did not involve Drive By Truckers. Somewhere pants are being soiled.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I thought farmaggedon was Iowa and nebbie? Kidding. I actually think this has potential. This rivalry should be all about cheese factor and self depreciation packaged in unquestioned love for said programs by their fans. I think you keep the first part and then at some point show the fans at isu/ksu games and then a montage of game action in fast succession to some killer music. I think we will grow to love this rivalry.

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
Seriously, add on another 30 sec or so of some big hits from past games with some bad *** music and you'll have a sweet video. I'd like to see what you come up with.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Let the record show that Al made a post referencing music that did not involve Drive By Truckers. Somewhere pants are being soiled.

I've got some scented spray and toilet paper for 3TrueFans if he needs it.

Although, in all fairness he said "music thread". This isn't a "music thread".

He's probably just turtle-heading.

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
Honest critique:

1. Watching the video... if you hadn't posted it here I'd have no clue what it was about.
2. It's about a football game. You may want to reference that somewhere. I'm supposed to get excited about farmegeddon.
3. The video looks like something I'd expect from a History Channel documentary lead-in following a commercial.
4. What's the basis for the rivalry? There was a Dust Bowl and I see a KSU reference and an Ames reference. How are these two related other than the Dust Bowl? Are they supposed to hate each other? Why?

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Honest critique:

1. Watching the video... if you hadn't posted it here I'd have no clue what it was about.
2. It's about a football game. You may want to reference that somewhere. I'm supposed to get excited about farmegeddon.
3. The video looks like something I'd expect from a History Channel documentary lead-in following a commercial.
4. What's the basis for the rivalry? There was a Dust Bowl and I see a KSU reference and an Ames reference. How are these two related other than the Dust Bowl? Are they supposed to hate each other? Why?

We are supposed to hate each other because the conference tells us we are. That is the best part, in my opinion. At least they found a rival that makes some sense instead of the Iowa Purdue crap rivalry.

Kyclone

Dec 30, 2007
Highlands Ranch, CO
I like this if it were the first 30 seconds of about 1:30 video with some hard hits and roaring crowds, maybe break immediatly to the "Woah Black Betty" song. Avoid guitars and powercats.

SillyCyLow

Dec 21, 2010
We are supposed to hate each other because the conference tells us we are. That is the best part, in my opinion. At least they found a rival that makes some sense instead of the Iowa Purdue crap rivalry.
That's the problem with this whole thing - you don't just go out and "find a rival." Rivalries have a life of their own that develop naturally. ISU's two REAL rivals are Iowa and Nebraska. And as for the "Iowa-Purdue rivalry," there is no such thing. Ask fans on both sides about this and they will likely not know what you're talking about. That is simply a scheduling anomaly. Iowa's rivals are Minnesota, Wisconsin, and of course Iowa State. Sure ISU may form some other rivalries over time, but for now there is none that matters more than Iowa. Be honest with yourselves - Farmageddon will never eclipse ISU-Iowa!

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
it is better than anything else out there! :twitcy:

ha... but yea it is pretty cool. gotta agree with adding a little game footage though