Who were you most worried we might lose today?

CycloneNick

Mar 5, 2008
I thought someone would swoop in on Sam Richardson (QB). You have to like our quarterback depth at this point. One of these guys is going to pan out.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
STill worried about Brackens. But I guess the coaches wouldn't have mentioned him in the videos if they weren't confident about his commitment.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I thought someone would swoop in on Sam Richardson (QB). You have to like our quarterback depth at this point. One of these guys is going to pan out.

Well, if you have like 7 scholarship QB's, I sure hope that one of them is good? We have more QB's on scholarship than we do DT's. Sorry... I couldn't resist!

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
QB Richardson was also my biggest concern. He got some nice honors at the end of the season and heard rumors (on this board) that other schools were talking to him. To his credit he honored his committment, and though nobody knows, I think he'll be our starter for several years. We've added some good o-linemen and receivers, especially slot receivers, so the longterm future of our offense looks good. I also like the short term if Steele Jantz is the diamond in the rough he looks like he could be.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
David Irving. This kid is a major sleeper.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Iowa had 18 high school QB's playing for them last year. Ithink all but 4 of them switched positions in college. So just because we have a crap load does not meen they won't switch positions.

Wanderer

Nov 5, 2009

Not to be cynical, as I like this class, but who were we going to lose them to? Not many of them had other offers, at least from schools in BCS conferences. Point is that it isn't exactly like people poaching Alabama's recruits.....

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Not to be cynical, as I like this class, but who were we going to lose them to? Not many of them had other offers, at least from schools in BCS conferences. Point is that it isn't exactly like people poaching Alabama's recruits.....

Are you serious?? Devondrick Nealy was wanted by about everyone. Standard chose between us and Nebraska.

Those are probably the most sought after guys. Brackens, and others had solid offer sheets as well. Overall it isn't a bad class at all. We have one DE prospect. But videos of Irving are impressive as hell. That kid could be a beast and dominate the field by the time he is done. He isn't even 18 yet.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Sam Richardson (QB).

I thought we might lose him to Texas Tech in the end. TT seems to do that to us every year. Cqulin Hulbert (LB) was stolen from us on signing day last year by TT.

Also, I think Sam has the ability to be our starter at some point. I think he will have a great career at ISU. I'm glad he's on board!

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
most worried about any of our offensive skill players. We need a drastic improvement in that area.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Iowa had 18 high school QB's playing for them last year. Ithink all but 4 of them switched positions in college. So just because we have a crap load does not meen they won't switch positions.

Most schools have around 10+ players that were QBs in high school. In most small schools, or states like Iowa that do not have many D-1 players, put the best player at QB.

Wanderer

Nov 5, 2009
Are you serious?? Devondrick Nealy was wanted by about everyone. Standard chose between us and Nebraska.

Those are probably the most sought after guys. Brackens, and others had solid offer sheets as well. Overall it isn't a bad class at all. We have one DE prospect. But videos of Irving are impressive as hell. That kid could be a beast and dominate the field by the time he is done. He isn't even 18 yet.

I didn't say none had other offers. Just said not many. You gave me two as a response. Brackens' "impressive" offer sheet was Minnesota and UTEP?

Again, I like the class, because it filled needs, but there is a reason it is 9th or 10th in the conference (out of 10).