ISU vs KU: 2nd longest ISU losing streak against Big 12 teams

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Yes, that is correct...have mentioned it a few times this week. The losing streak to KU (5 games) is our 2nd longest against Big 12 teams. Only the OU losing streak is longer following our win over Texas Texas last weekend.

Team - last win

Colorado - 2009
Kansas - 2004
Kansas State - 2007
Missouri - 2006
Nebraska - 2009
Baylor - 2009
Oklahoma - ?
Oklahoma State - 2005
Texas - 2010
Texas Tech - 2010
Texas A&M - 2005

In fact, and I couldn't find this quickly, does anyone other than OU own a longer active losing streak over us than KU does? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

This must be stopped tomorrow - and in a convincing fashion.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
They've just had our number lately. If it continues tomorrow, beware of a monumental CF.com meltdown!

If we cannot beat Kansas, I might have to throw myself into traffic. The only way it is OK if we lose to KU is if we come back to beat Nebraska the next week. And even then, it'd be a hollow victory.

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
I'm guessing that "?" after Oklahoma should be 1990. Which would mean we haven't beat OU in my lifetime. That's pretty bad:no: I saw in the Daily that KU's winning streak over us is their longest active streak:sad: Time for that to end!

HuskyCy5

Jan 23, 2009
I'm guessing that "?" after Oklahoma should be 1990. Which would mean we haven't beat OU in my lifetime. That's pretty bad:no: I saw in the Daily that KU's winning streak over us is their longest active streak:sad: Time for that to end!

The good news is that this Coaching Staff has ended a lot of streaks just when we needed them to end. Lets hope for the same Saturday. Pack the Jack and lets get it crazy in there!!!

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
ISU has only ever beaten Oklahoma 5 times in 74 attempts. Last time the Cyclones beat the Sooners was 33-31 in Norman, back in 1990.

The closest Iowa State has been to beating the Sooners, going just off of the final score, was a 14-17 loss in Norman in 1998. But counting that game, it's 12 straight losses by an average of 24 points.

Iowa State Game by Game against Opponents

On a positive note, three of the five losses to KU have been by 3-5 points.

Last edited:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
ISU has only ever beaten Oklahoma 5 times in 74 attempts. Last time the Cyclones beat the Sooners was 33-31 in Norman, back in 1990.

The closest Iowa State has been to beating the Sooners, going just off of the final score, was a 14-17 loss in Norman in 1998. But counting that game, it's 12 straight losses by an average of 24 points.

Iowa State Game by Game against Opponents

On a positive note, three of the five losses to KU have been by 3-5 points.

Actually we should have won against OU in '07...or at worst gone into OT.

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
Actually we should have won against OU in '07...or at worst gone into OT.

Yeah, I didn't know the circumstances behind every game, so that's why I said I was going off of the final score. Which I'll admit doesn't tell the whole story.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire

Wow that makes me feel old! I remember New Year's 1990

CYinPA

Oct 18, 2010
Yeah, I didn't know the circumstances behind every game, so that's why I said I was going off of the final score. Which I'll admit doesn't tell the whole story.

Pretty hard to forget- it was only 3 years ago.
An example of why most hawk fans should remain silent on CF until called for.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
If we cannot beat Kansas, I might have to throw myself into traffic. The only way it is OK if we lose to KU is if we come back to beat Nebraska the next week. And even then, it'd be a hollow victory.

There is absolutely nothing that will make losing to KU this season OK, at home none the less!

TxCycloneFan

Oct 19, 2006
Bastrop TX

Where were you the last time we beat the sooners? I was traveling from Atlanta to Austin that day and didn't know about the win. I was changing planes in Dallas and someone noticed my ISU sweatshirt and told me about the game. I thought he was lying to me.

I guess you were still a twinkle in your Dad's eye.

Clones33

Jan 15, 2009
Ankeny, IA
There is absolutely nothing that will make losing to KU this season OK, at home none the less!

I disagree. If you could pick only 1 win from the remaining 4 games I would pick Nebraska and not even think twice about it.

It is the last time we will EVER play them in Ames. Add that to the fact that we beat them the last time we will EVER play them in Lincoln, and I would trade a KU victory for that.

However, sports don't work that way - so I guess we will just have to go out and get them both!

PlanoClone

Mar 27, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Where were you the last time we beat the sooners? I was traveling from Atlanta to Austin that day and didn't know about the win. I was changing planes in Dallas and someone noticed my ISU sweatshirt and told me about the game. I thought he was lying to me.

I guess you were still a twinkle in your Dad's eye.

I was there! My roommate (also ISU grad) and I drove up from Dallas for the game. We ended up just sitting/walking in the first row behind the ISU bench during the game. Chris Pedersen (sp) was the man at QB, ran it down their throats. We jumped the rail and went onto the field after the game. Great time and a memory I'll never forget.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I disagree. If you could pick only 1 win from the remaining 4 games I would pick Nebraska and not even think twice about it.

It is the last time we will EVER play them in Ames. Add that to the fact that we beat them the last time we will EVER play them in Lincoln, and I would trade a KU victory for that.

However, sports don't work that way - so I guess we will just have to go out and get them both!

This was the point I was trying to make. If we could make a deal right now such that a loss to KU would gain us a win over Nebraska, I'd take the deal. But as alluded to above, we can't do it. Just have to win both games!!!

Help Support Us

Become a patron