New Uniforms vs. Throwbacks

Which one?

• Total voters

bandit

Apr 21, 2006
Will they make/are their replica's of the throwback uni's to purchase (besides the game-worn ones?)

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
new everything, except gold instead of white for the helmet, and a CONSISTENT shade of cardinal/red for all uniforms on all the teams/logos....

so will Twisty bird with "ISU" or "Iowa State Cyclones" in it be phased out? will the "I-State" become the predominant symbol for Cyclone athletics? Will there be a huge "I-State" in the middle of the field next year or on the hardwood of Hilton?

please, please, PLEASE phase out the cartoon!!!!

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I like that. I like either uni's, and either logo on the helmet. I'm just not sold on this white helmet idea.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
My prediction for next year...
I-State logo will stick
Hilton will get marching Cy back as paint on floor
Whirly Cy won't be gone completely, still a line of clothing, but "new" look is old Cy and I State.
I think the white helmets is a done deal, BUT, who knows. The gold could still be in the running if there is an outcry.
CAN ONE OF YOU COMPUTER GUYS PUT THE NEW LOGO ON A YELLOW HELMET FOR US TO LOOK AT?
THANKS.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
My personal opinion... I am starting to REALLY dislike the "I-STATE" logo... I'm so confused why many like it so much.

After seeing how great our helmets looked this past weekend, I'd LOVE to see them be the choice for the future - sweet color, sweet "I" logo, and sweet gray facemask.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
i tried my best.. i kinda suck at this stuff tho

i messed up part of the helmet as u can see.. but u get the point..

nicmilani

Mar 24, 2006
fyi ... I live in Detroit and one of the local sport's stations was bashing the Big 12 today (common occurance). One of the interns piped up and mentioned that Duke and ISU beat Big 10 teams. The announcer then went on a 15 minute rant about how cool the ISU jerseys were. How he wished more teams would go old school. Good pub in the D.

Chad

Sep 10, 2007
Ankeny, IA
...but if they go with these old uni's as the new standard....we won't have any cool throwback's to look forward to again will we? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to keep these throwback's for special occaisons? Once every year pull them out, maybe for the Iowa game, or the first Big 12 game, or Thanksgiving, or Memorial Day or something...It gives ISU twice as much merchandise to sell, keeps things a little fun, etc.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
i tried my best.. i kinda suck at this stuff tho

i messed up part of the helmet as u can see.. but u get the point..

THANKS..COULD YOU ALSO TRY THE NEW I STATE LOGO ON YELLOW. I'D LIKE TO SEE IF THAT HAS POSSIBILITIES. OR IF ANYONE CAN, THANKS...

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
...but if they go with these old uni's as the new standard....we won't have any cool throwback's to look forward to again will we? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to keep these throwback's for special occaisons? Once every year pull them out, maybe for the Iowa game, or the first Big 12 game, or Thanksgiving, or Memorial Day or something...It gives ISU twice as much merchandise to sell, keeps things a little fun, etc.

Do teams with throwback jerseys complain about not having throwback games? Didn't think so. With these jerseys it'd be like having a throwback game every Saturday! :yes:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron