New Uniforms vs. Throwbacks

Which one?

• Total voters

JRCampy

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
This may be a stupid question, but will there be any chance (outside the $450 helmet / uniform package) that we'll be able to purchase a throwback from this season... not a game worn, but something off the rack??

JRCampy

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I got mine for $45 at Scheels in West Des Moines... They had them at Pro Image as well, only in #7.

So, you mean at both stores the only number availible is #7?? I could probably live with that. I thought the throwbacks were the sharpest uniform I have ever seen us wear...

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
You paid $45 at Scheels... I loved them so much that I went out and bought one today, but mine was 49.99 with tax it was 52.00. They only have the number #7. Only number I can find in the red jersey too. Do they have a #1 jersey in red anywhere??? I know they have them in women sizes.

Apr 14, 2006
I think that ISU shouldn't change its helmet every time a new era begins. In my opinion, it means more to have a history. There have been a lot of helmet designs for ISU. My vote would be to keep the '77 throwback design. Even though it doesn't feel trendy and modern, I think that it looks like a tip of the hat to tradition. Look at schools like Michigan and Alabama. They are proud of their tradition and their looks. I think that ISU should be proud and keep an eye on the future while honoring the past.

CyGuy1

Nov 14, 2006
Here ya go ketelmeister...

ISU54.jpg

I hate how this looks, I hate it bad. The retro "I" is so much better.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I really liked the throwback uni's. Didn't know we actually had those exact uniforms at one time (I guess '77)...Why'd we change 'em?

If we were to go with the new design, I would hope it would include: 1) the exact color of gold as the throwback uni's in the pants & lettering (vs. the uglier, IMO, mustard color), 2) the stripe on the pant (and jerseys) looks very cool just like that, 3) yellow or gold helmut w/ the new I-STATE logo, since we appear to be going in that direction (and not ISU). The large "I" could be accented in white, and "STATE" accented in red or red & white. I like the throwback hemut w/ the Bold "I" and ISU in there but I don't think that will survive in JP's way of thinking/new identity. I could pobably live w/ the white helmuts, but alot of people have voiced yellow or gold. Why not go with the majority? Also, if they must go w/ white lettering on the jerseys (again, I like the throwback lettering better), accent it w/ gold (red jerseys) and gold accent on red lettering (white jerseys).

bureshclone

May 30, 2006
Waverly, Iowa
I like the gold helmet much better than the white. The white helmut just doesn't look right with the cardinal jersey. Someone started to put white helmut, cardinal jersey and gold pants together in the photoshop thread and the white helmut just looked weird.

Besides that, no one else in the Bix XII has gold helmuts!

wiscocyclone

Sep 13, 2007
I thought they were selling these uniforms off in some kind of auction? Can they wear them all year and then sell them for the same price?

Maybe I am mistaken.