Fundraiser for ISU Football

ShortBus

Jul 16, 2010
Ankeny
Attached is an invitation to a special fundraising event for the ISU Football program. It will be a great opportunity to have a one-on-one conversation with the coaches. The event is July 27th at Dennis Albaugh's Talons of Tuscany Clubhouse in Ankeny. The event is limited to 125 people and is not open to the public. Dinner, drinks, a tour of the Chevy Classic Car Museum and the the opportunity to spend time with the Iowa State Football coaching Staff are included. For tickets or information please contact Doug Bakker at [email protected]

ShortBus

Jul 16, 2010
Ankeny
Not open to the Public, but posted on a public message board?

Open to ISU supporters who contribute by buying a ticket to the event. Not open to the public who just want to show up to meet the coaches or check out the cars.:smile:

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
I got a letter about this a week or so ago and it didnt say it wasn't open to the public.
I assumed if the public paid to get in they could.

#shrugs#

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Attached is an invitation to a special fundraising event for the ISU Football program. It will be a great opportunity to have a one-on-one conversation with the coaches. The event is July 27th at Dennis Albaugh's Talons of Tuscany Clubhouse in Ankeny. The event is limited to 125 people and is not open to the public. Dinner, drinks, a tour of the Chevy Classic Car Museum and the the opportunity to spend time with the Iowa State Football coaching Staff are included. For tickets or information please contact Doug Bakker at [email protected]

Maybe this is the event where Albaugh announces his major gift to the football program after selling his company for $1.3 billion. :notworthy:

ShortBus

Jul 16, 2010
Ankeny
Is there a way to move this thread from the Feedback/Support forum to the ISU Football Forum? Thanks

leroycyclone

Jan 2, 2010
Boulder, CO
I talked to JP about cyclonefanatic.com and blogs, among many other things, at a tailgate tour event this year. JP is very accessible at events and answers every email I have sent him. JP is committed to ISU Sports and does a great job of soliciting donations without sticking it in your face. I think the ISU Athletic Dept budget is about $45MM/year. The Texas budget is about $145MM per year. The disparity in the Big 12 is why Tuberville spoke out and, of course, was reprimanded for speaking the truth.

Just this morning, I read on rivals.com an article entitled "Roundtable: How attaractive is the Vandy job?" One answer "It's one of the worst Big Six jobs in America -- maybe the worst. The only ones comparable are Duke, Baylor, Indiana and Iowa State. The hurdles at Vanderbilt are numerous."

The hurdles at ISU are numerous. One big hurdle is money. TerryK's posted above: "Not to be mean but this is why i feel sorry for JP trying to raise money. ...donate, support..."

I'd attend the event on July 27 in Ankeny if the town wasn't 300 miles away and the date wasn't midweek.

I'd love to see the cars.

I hope this thread has prompted ISU fans donate.

ShortBus

Jul 16, 2010
Ankeny
Did you see the Dennis Albaugh article on the cover of the DSM Register today? This is a great opprtunity to tour his car collection, meet the coaches and help the football program.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Not to be mean but this is why i feel sorry for JP trying to raise money. Get a frickin clue cheap ***** donate, support or join the mac and whine. ok done with rant

Agree completely. At most big-time schools, fans would pony up $50 just to attend a BBQ with the coaches. And many people would pay $50 just to see those cars alone. I'm not going to debate that ISU fans aren't loyal, but really, this is laughable if they don't sell out those 125 spots in a day or two (I understand that it's not exactly well publicized). Basically, I think that ISU fans are cheap. I'll be going to the Gridiron Club event at the same venue this Thursday and bringing 4 others, so I'm doing at least that much.

Reactions: cyatheart

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I think the ISU Athletic Dept budget is about $45MM/year. The Texas budget is about $145MM per year. The disparity in the Big 12 is why Tuberville spoke out and, of course, was reprimanded for speaking the truth.

How much of that disparity is due to shared conference revenue? Maybe about $3 million. The vast majority of the disparity is because UT has lots of donors. ISU and TT apparently don't.

Tuberville was reprimanded because he was basically blaming the conference for the revenue disparity, which kind of shows how clueless he is...

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron