2010 Spring Basketball Recruiting Prospects

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Trying to put together a rundown of who we may sign in the next couple weeks. All indications are that we will sign up to 3 this spring. Am I missing anyone here?

JC Recruits

John Wilkins, PF - May be down to ISU, Indiana, and a couple of MVC schools
Andre Clark, PF - Down to ISU and TCU, visiting this weekend
Will Clyburn, SF - Down to ISU, Utah and St. Louis
Pressey, SG - MU is the biggest competition with his brother signing there. Also A&M on his list

High School/Prep Recruits

Bo Barnes - SG - Visiting this weekend, offers from many smallers schools, probably ours if we offer
Oto Osieniks, PF - Relative unknown from Eastern Europe who has visited ISU and a handful of other major and midmajors

I feel like I may be missing someone but this is who I could come up with off the top of my head. I bet there are a couple more out there that are either being kept under the radar intentionally or are fall backs. Is Norvell Arnold on the radar at all?

Personally I would love a class of Wilkins, Clark, and Pressey the most. We really need at least one big who can come in and play right away. Would love to sign 2 bigs though. SG/SF is not as desperate of a need but we will have alot of PT available for the right guy.

Should be an interesting couple of weeks as there are alot of prospects that we have a chance with, no sure things (other than Railey of course) and it doesn't appear any of these guys have ruled us out either.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Another hurdle in signing Pressey is the fact that his father was Mike Anderson's roommate in college.

HAHAHA. That's so unbelievable that it has to be true. I really wish something like that could happen to us sometime.

wags

Dec 13, 2008
DSM
And doesn't mizzou have two guards leaving which opens up playing time?

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Andre Clark

He's in there under the JC players.

Have to wonder with Pressey.... if he has a solid offer from MU you would think he would have committed already with all of his connections there? I am hoping they have someone else higher on their list they are waiting on... although rumor is they have a couple transfers coming, and its probably very possible they would not want to announce any more commitments until those are made official.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
HAHAHA. That's so unbelievable that it has to be true. I really wish something like that could happen to us sometime.

You mean like having the number one high school player in the country who's dad was a legend at a school and his son lived in that same town? haha.

Anyway it kind of happened with Chris Colvin. His dad is friends with Coach Rob. I thin they are related or something. That is how we got him.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I don't know much about these recruits other than what CW posted about Barnes. Just from the info from here, realisticaly it looks like we'll get Clark, Clyburn, and Barnes. Ideally who do we want to fill the 3 schollies? From the info I have gotten it looks like Wilkins, Clark, and Pressey.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
You mean like having the number one high school player in the country who's dad was a legend at a school and his son lived in that same town? haha.

Anyway it kind of happened with Chris Colvin. His dad is friends with Coach Rob. I thin they are related or something. That is how we got him.

If Pressey was the #1 player in HS he's probably avoid MU as well.

brycy

Apr 11, 2006
Whats the chance that someone has the time to post there most recent stats? I haven't seen any from Barnes from reading posts on here. Thanks in advance.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Do we still have a shot at Jett? If so, I'd add Jett and Arnold to the list and be pretty sure that we'll get 3 out of that group.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
A lot of things just changed in the last 10 minutes...Just give me some time to catch up.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Still have a good shot at Pressey...Very difficult for him to play with his brother. Same position.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Still have a good shot at Pressey...Very difficult for him to play with his brother. Same position.

I like the sound of that.

I am intrigued to see if we will go after Cody Larsen. Edit, just looked at the other thread, and I guess we are.