Good place to watch the game in Des Moines tomorrow night?

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I'd rather be in KC, but I can't make it work this year.

I'm looking for a place with multiple TVs in the Beaverdale/Urbandale area.

I'm real close to The Waveland Tap, but those guys RARELY, if ever, have an Iowa State game on, and provide the audio.

Any suggestions?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Why don't you go to 3-Bag and support a CF business? They are the people who help us keep this site free.

I'd also attest to 3-bag. Fun place to watch a game, no shortage of TVs, and last I knew Wednesday was all you can eat mini-taco night.

isu200023

Aug 19, 2008
Why don't you go to 3-Bag and support a CF business? They are the people who help us keep this site free.

He was looking for something in Beaverdale or Urbandale close to his house. Put your salesman hat on and call Jethro's. 3-bag can be tough to like for some people as well. It's not for everyone...

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'd rather be in KC, but I can't make it work this year.

I'm looking for a place with multiple TVs in the Beaverdale/Urbandale area.

I'm real close to The Waveland Tap, but those guys RARELY, if ever, have an Iowa State game on, and provide the audio.

Any suggestions?

I live in Beaverdale and Ridgemont in Windsor Heights should fit the bill. It's behind the Elks lodge, so it's just across the road from being Urbandale. They're very pro-Cyclone, and it's where Chris does his reaction show. Great in-game deals, and it's where my buddies and I usually watch games.

Chris, is Ridgemont officially a CF business? Obviously they're pro Cyclone, and play a role in what you do, but just wasn't sure.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny

1) Great place to watch a game.

2) We should raise enough money for them to buy an Iowa State flag with the new logo on it :)

The one they have from 1995 looks slightly outdated...unless they have one in addition to the 1995 one that I'm not seeing?

Thoughts?

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
1) Great place to watch a game.

2) We should raise enough money for them to buy an Iowa State flag with the new logo on it :)

The one they have from 1995 looks slightly outdated...unless they have one in addition to the 1995 one that I'm not seeing?

Thoughts?

That "Bag" would look good in these:

Iowa State Cyclones Red Vertical Applique Flag : Iowa State University Flags, Banners - Yahoo! Sports Shop

Iowa State Cyclones School Flag and Iowa State Cyclones School Flags

Iowa State Cyclones 3x5 Team Logo Flag : Iowa State University Flags, Banners - Yahoo! Sports Shop

Iowa State Cyclones Flag your Iowa State Cyclones Flag, banner, and pennant source

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Thanks All for your imput. I was put in charge of finding a place for a couple of buddies and I to watch. We are all tied down by a **** load of little kids, so we can't go far, and I've been out of the game so long, the only bar I'm even allowed to go to anymore is The Wave (only because it's within walking distance).

I have put forth all of the suggestions, and apparently the place is Old Chicago. Good thing it was my call, huh? :dull:

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I live in Beaverdale and Ridgemont in Windsor Heights should fit the bill. It's behind the Elks lodge, so it's just across the road from being Urbandale. They're very pro-Cyclone, and it's where Chris does his reaction show. Great in-game deals, and it's where my buddies and I usually watch games.

Chris, is Ridgemont officially a CF business? Obviously they're pro Cyclone, and play a role in what you do, but just wasn't sure.

No. The Ridgemont sponsors Cyclone Soundoff on KXNO but is not a Cyclone Fanatic advertiser.

Help Support Us

Become a patron