Staten to Heelan

Pittcrew

Nov 10, 2008
Sioux City
Word around these parts is that Staten is transferring to Heelan. Can't say that I'm surprised given the surrounding cast he has at West. Will be very interesting to see how he fits into their program.

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
This sucks. I am a West Grad. WE are like the minor leagues for the Town. All our good players leave. When East won the State Title three years ago or whatever, 3 out of their 5 starters either went to West or lived in the District...

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Just what Heelan needs, more publicity. I feel bad for West. They have had some great years in the past. Heelan is the UofI of Sioux City. Doesnt help that they seem to pipe their talent to the hawk frequently, let hope they dont get him too.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Word around these parts is that Staten is transferring to Heelan. Can't say that I'm surprised given the surrounding cast he has at West. Will be very interesting to see how he fits into their program.

I hope not. Staten will be a distraction at best and locker room poison at worst. I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't just open enroll to East (or North).

Just what Heelan needs, more publicity. I feel bad for West. They have had some great years in the past. Heelan is the UofI of Sioux City. Doesnt help that they seem to pipe their talent to the hawk frequently, let hope they dont get him too.

Ouch, U of I of SC? That hurts dude.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I hope not. Staten will be a distraction at best and locker room poison at worst. I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't just open enroll to East (or North).

Ouch, U of I of SC? That hurts dude.

Luckily we converted at least one of you. Your wife still needs work.

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
heelan is recruiting players left and right... heelan vs harlan is becoming very heated. i hope harlan still kicks the crap out of them...

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
heelan is recruiting players left and right... heelan vs harlan is becoming very heated. i hope harlan still kicks the crap out of them...

Well, I guess you have hope to hang on to. I'm curious, who else has Heelan "recruited"?

You might want to check out Heelan's record vs. Harlan and then look at the margin of victory in Harlan's wins. Nobody is kicking the crap out of anybody in that rivalry.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Well, I guess you have hope to hang on to. I'm curious, who else has Heelan "recruited"?

You might want to check out Heelan's record vs. Harlan and then look at the margin of victory in Harlan's wins. Nobody is kicking the crap out of anybody in that rivalry.

Hey are they getting a new court? I thought I heard that somewhere.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Hey are they getting a new court? I thought I heard that somewhere.

I dunno. They're supposed to be getting a whole new school; that's why they cleared all of those houses out down there.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I dunno. They're supposed to be getting a whole new school; that's why they cleared all of those houses out down there.

Ah, guess I didnt realize it was going to be that big a project. Yikes. Alot of dough.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
i'm actually surprised it hasn't happened already as there was talk about it after his freshman season.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
It's a good move for Wes...say want you want about Heelan, but it is a more stable school and basketball situation, better academically,etc.