NFL: NFL.com Mock Draft

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Here's the latest Mock Draft from NFL.com's Bucky Brooks.

Mock draft 2.0: Top overall pick could come down to McCoy, Suh

Couple things:

He only has one QB (Bradford) going in the first round, and that's at 26 to the Cards. This hasn't happened since Michael Vick was taken 1st overall in 2001.

According to his prediction, only 6 offensive skill positions will be taken in the first round. 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 QB, and 1 TE.

Not saying that his predictions won't come to pass, only that if they do, they would be quite a departure from recent drafts.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
That is the worst mock draft I may have ever seen. Pierre - Paul at #3? Eric Berry falling to 13th??? Umm no.

isu200023

Aug 19, 2008
Everyone has a blog. If the Rams walk away with Suh and Clawson they may just pack up and leave RCMH. This mock sucks.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
That is the worst mock draft I may have ever seen. Pierre - Paul at #3? Eric Berry falling to 13th??? Umm no.

I agree. It seems to be pretty flawed, and not well reasoned. You would think that NFL.com would do better.

And I don't want to knock Bucky Brooks. He does a series of Mock Drafts every year, and I always thought they were pretty good. This one just seems to be off. Oh well, it's still really early. He has plenty of times to change it. I think he ended up doing 9 different iterations last year.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Besides the Vikings picking at 30, the Lions and Rams picks are going to be the only moves to watch. Jim Schwartz was D-coordinator in Tennessee when Albert Haynesworth played like the most expensive (and therefore the best) d-lineman in the NFL and Spagnuolo made his career with that defensive front with the Giants. Should be interesting not only to see which of those two teams ranks Suh or McCoy higher, but also the battle at the Combine and individual pro days between the two top DTs to prove who is number one. If you're a Rams fan you're praying that the new owner doesn't trade down for Bradford/Clausen.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
Besides the Vikings picking at 30, the Lions and Rams picks are going to be the only moves to watch. Jim Schwartz was D-coordinator in Tennessee when Albert Haynesworth played like the most expensive (and therefore the best) d-lineman in the NFL and Spagnuolo made his career with that defensive front with the Giants. Should be interesting not only to see which of those two teams ranks Suh or McCoy higher, but also the battle at the Combine and individual pro days between the two top DTs to prove who is number one. If you're a Rams fan you're praying that the new owner doesn't trade down for Bradford/Clausen.

With what seems to be a pretty good group of DTs in the first round and not much seperating the #1 and #2 DT, except for a bunch of money, I would be very happy if the Rams are able to get rid of that pick for a good combo of extra front round selections.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

I agree, D-Line probably isn't the biggest need for the Rams, so the owner may be tempted to attempt to trade down. However, Suh appears to be nearly a sure thing. Also, it's difficult to trade the number 1 pick, and the salary that it commands, although the prospect of no salary cap in 2010 may affect this.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Early mock drafts are always entertaining (and never very accurate). Just because Bucky is different that most of the other "experts" doesn't mean he's wrong. Having said that, I'd wager at least one of the players BB has going in his first round will last to the third of the real draft...

I know nothing about Bruce Campbell, OT / Maryland, but unless the Packers lose both Chad Clifton & Mark Tauscher in free agency, they won't be taking a "project" at #23. Granted they need to acquire OT(s) in this draft, but I'd be disappointed if they passed on Taylor Mays. Atari Bigby was never that stellar and he's a shadow of his 2007 self. They could use a big fast safety to pair with Nick Collins...

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I agree, D-Line probably isn't the biggest need for the Rams, so the owner may be tempted to attempt to trade down. However, Suh appears to be nearly a sure thing. Also, it's difficult to trade the number 1 pick, and the salary that it commands, although the prospect of no salary cap in 2010 may affect this.

Yeah, not many teams have been able to trade out of the top 5 of the draft the last few years. The players end up costing too much.

Cyclone_Grav

Jul 13, 2007
Des Moines
If you want a good mock draft go to scott wright's nfldraftcountdown.com

i have been going to this site for 5 years. he gives good analysis and not only makes a pick but talks about what a team may due given certain situations. Its a great site.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Kiper's new mock draft now has Jimmy Clausen at #4 to the Skins and Bradford at #6 to the Seahawks. Other item that was notable was Bulaga sliding from 18 to the Packers at 23.