Must you wear a "flannel and jeans" uniform to be a snowboarder?

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
kurt_cobain3.jpg.w180h226.jpg

WWKCD?

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
As a snowboarder, I think our US Olympic uniform is one of the dumbest looking uniforms ever. They could wear the exact same uniform as the moguls skiers. Wearing jeans on the mountain is a surefire way to get laughed at, and I don't understand why our national team agreed to wear an outfit that looks like jeans.

Black, blue, red, or white pants, with a coat of red, white or blue (w/ accents of the other 2 remaining colors) would be something that doesn't make people do a facepalm. I'm curious to see what they wear for a top in the boardercross, as most don't wear coats in that event.

This was 2006:
Snowboarding-main_full_380.jpg

2010:
burton-2010-olympic-us-uniforms-00.jpg

EDIT: guess they're wearing white long sleeve tops for the boardercross, and it doesn't look completely hideous. The flannel jacket just ruins things. The pants may standout more in HD, but watching it on my computer they look alright.

Last edited:

saf

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2006
Ames, IA
I snowboard, but laugh at so many of the outfits. Amazing that 15 year old boys pick this stuff up. Pretty anti-establishment, since most of the kids wear it.

That being said, I really don't care that much. The funny part is that this guy is making such a big deal out of their uniform. He'd fit right in here w/ all our uniform talk...

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'm sitting here watching the mens snowboard cross qualifying and the uniforms actually don't look too bad. In fact the more I see them, the better I like them.
These uniforms are with the white jacket, so I haven't seen the flannel jacket yet, but the white looks good.

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
As a snowboarder, I think our US Olympic uniform is one of the dumbest looking uniforms ever. They could wear the exact same uniform as the moguls skiers. Wearing jeans on the mountain is a surefire way to get laughed at, and I don't understand why our national team agreed to wear an outfit that looks like jeans.

Black, blue, red, or white pants, with a coat of red, white or blue (w/ accents of the other 2 remaining colors) would be something that doesn't make people do a facepalm. I'm curious to see what they wear for a top in the boardercross, as most don't wear coats in that event.

EDIT: guess they're wearing white long sleeve tops for the boardercross, and it doesn't look completely hideous. The flannel jacket just ruins things. The pants may standout more in HD, but watching it on my computer they look alright.

I liked the Blue ones the moguls skiers were wearing, but it's not as if the athletes chose it. Blame Burton, the designing company. After the stuff is designed, I'm not sure how much choice the athletes really have.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I loved this,
The problem, according to Holland, isn't that the trend toward tighter clothing could lend a competitive advantage, it's that trim pants betray the anti-establishment culture that birthed snowboard cross.

Um, you are an Olympic sport now, get over yourself, you are part of the establishment now, not against it. It doesn't get much more establishment than the IOC.:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron