You know what I don't get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Glossing over the game prediction thread as compared to the results last night, why are some jumping off the cliff (again)?

If you predicted a 20 point loss and then lost your mind afterward where is the disconnect? Either you didn't really mean your prediction and just posted it for whatever reason or you meant it but your still emotionally involved and probably not that rational. Amirite?

ddisu

Nov 11, 2009
Toledo
Glossing over the game prediction thread as compared to the results last night, why are some jumping off the cliff (again)?

If you predicted a 20 point loss and then lost your mind afterward where is the disconnect? Either you didn't really mean your prediction and just posted it for whatever reason or you meant it but your still emotionally involved and probably not that rational. Amirite?

Because it is the same boneheaded mistakes we keep making to cost ourselves games. MU didn't capitilize as much as say KU probablly will come Sat.

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Turnovers? No. Rebounding? Maybe, we got outrebounded by 3 and were hurt on the offensive glass in the first half, but we did some damage of our own on the offensive end. Free throws? Maybe, 12-18 isn't perfect but it's better than usual. Last 5 minutes of the first half? No. First 5 minutes of the second half? No.

Did they play a perfect game and still lose? No, but is playing the perfect game where the bar is set?

Of course KU will capitalize better. Their team is a million times better than MU.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006

Perhaps everybody who had wrong prediction should run full court dribbling a basketball for 40 minutes with a defender(Every turnover we'll add a minute). So they get a full understanding of what the staff is asking these guys to do.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Who said that predicting a 20 point loss meant that the 20 point loss, or any loss, isn't painful and full of things to ***** about?

ddisu

Nov 11, 2009
Toledo
Turnovers? No. Rebounding? Maybe, we got outrebounded by 3 and were hurt on the offensive glass in the first half, but we did some damage of our own on the offensive end. Free throws? Maybe, 12-18 isn't perfect but it's better than usual. Last 5 minutes of the first half? No. First 5 minutes of the second half? No.

Did they play a perfect game and still lose? No, but is playing the perfect game where the bar is set?

Of course KU will capitalize better. Their team is a million times better than MU.

Last night DG had a steal, went to the other end 1 on 1, missed the layup. Put the ball on the under side of the rim. Guy got the rebound and made an outlet pass. The guy who got the rebound, then ran down court, cut to the basket, got a bounce pass and an uncontested layup. One of many boneheaded plays. That is a 4 point swing.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Perhaps everybody who had wrong prediction should run full court dribbling a basketball for 40 minutes with a defender(Every turnover we'll add a minute). So they get a full understanding of what the staff is asking these guys to do.

fighting the good fight like your job depended on it...

oh wait...

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

The other coaches around the league don't ask their players to do the same? I'm not mad about last night because we were really shorthanded but we don't need the mini-lectures.

ddisu

Nov 11, 2009
Toledo

I thought these guys were recurited to play baskeball? I didn't know that Gmac went to Curtis Hall and pulled out 10 students from econ 101 yesterday morning to go play. In that case, they played a hell of a game.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Last night DG had a steal, went to the other end 1 on 1, missed the layup. Put the ball on the under side of the rim. Guy got the rebound and made an outlet pass. The guy who got the rebound, then ran down court, cut to the basket, got a bounce pass and an uncontested layup. One of many boneheaded plays. That is a 4 point swing.

I remember that play.

It was not a happy time at my house.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

C'mon KG, these guys are on scholarship, you don't really expect us to feel sorry for them do you?

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006

Things like that are going to happen every game. I know EVERYONE is upset with how things are going but that doesn't give them a permit to act irrationally railing on every aspect of the game. Okay, they don't need a permit to do that, it just makes them look silly.

As soon as some spend an equal amount of time applauding plays that are made for ISU then by all means go crazy with bagging on every single negative play.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
The other coaches around the league don't ask their players to do the same? I'm not mad about last night because we were really shorthanded but we don't need the mini-lectures.

7 guys and one has mono. Very few other coaches are pushing the full 40min with their guys. And yet our guys continue to fight even though they have numerous reasons not to...wonder why that is.

tamjam

Apr 18, 2008
Pants-free Avenue
7 guys and one has mono. Very few other coaches are pushing the full 40min with their guys. And yet our guys continue to fight even though they have numerous reasons not to...wonder why that is.

Because the were brought to ISU to play basketball and get a free ride to do so? I have yet to read one person on the board today question the players toughness or saying that they dogged it last night. Their effort was good, unfortunately there talent isn't up to snuff and it doesn't help when you coach keeps letting you down, don't you agree?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Once upon a time this was simlpy how adults were expected to act. They don't deserve a pat on the back for this.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

So they are asking them to play basketball against an opponent that presses? Doesn't seem like an unreasonable request. It should be noted that our previous coach (who many on here still claim to be a terrible basketball coach) ran a 3/4 court trapping press 80% of the time with a 6-man rotation and rattled off 7 straight Big 12 wins. Most of the good teams we have had recently only had 7 man rotations.

Last night our defense was great, our gameplan excellent... but we couldn't hit a layup or a wide-open three to save our life. That's what made the game frustrating, missed layups and opportunities. We really do miss Lucca, because if SC (or Lucca before him) isn't hitting from 3-point range, he is a huge gap in our lineup. Garrett's play was much improved last night, but our off-guard play was just awful.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

I was rooting hard last night for the guys to win. Not for myself but for the guys and the staff. I really hope they get a reward. I DO feel bad for them. They've drawn a short straw.

Status
Not open for further replies.