Thought on Jeremy's much delayed news..

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Please forgive me if the 'surprise' has been announced, as i do not visit here nonstop as i used to (simply because ISU news is more sparse right now). I remember about a month ago, Jeremy was touting some exciting news that he would be unveiling - however, i do not recall seeing the actual news. I now have a theory:

I use my T-Mobile Wing smartphone quite often to surf the web when on the road. The other day, I navigated over to CF to see if there was anything new. Much to my suprise, i noticed that Jeremy now has a truly handheld mobile version of the site available for us smartphone users. Like i said i have no idea if this is the announcement or not, but it is a very cool change anyway. Thoughts?

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
Please forgive me if the 'surprise' has been announced, as i do not visit here nonstop as i used to (simply because ISU news is more sparse right now). I remember about a month ago, Jeremy was touting some exciting news that he would be unveiling - however, i do not recall seeing the actual news. I now have a theory:

I use my T-Mobile Wing smartphone quite often to surf the web when on the road. The other day, I navigated over to CF to see if there was anything new. Much to my suprise, i noticed that Jeremy now has a truly handheld mobile version of the site available for us smartphone users. Like i said i have no idea if this is the announcement or not, but it is a very cool change anyway. Thoughts?
That's all well and good for smart phone users, but I'm holding out for something much bigger than that. I don't think upgraded smart phone web access warrants a one-month build up...

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
That's not the big news and I unfortunately won't be able to release any more details until later this month. Everything is a go but it has to be delayed a bit for a couple of reasons. Hang tight:)

Oh and let me know if you find any big issues with the new mobile version of the site, it's been a work in progress for a while now.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
That's not the big news and I unfortunately won't be able to release any more details until later this month. Everything is a go but it has to be delayed a bit for a couple of reasons. Hang tight
That's fine and dandy; sometimes these things go that way. But could you please do us a favor and at least say, "Look, it's definitely not going to show up until [insert date here]." Once that date arrives, we'll know we can start waiting for it again and speculating at will, but until then we can just chill with all the threads and discussion. It's taking up lot of space, and folks who are out of the loop keep bringing it back to life.

19Cy78

Mar 31, 2006
Are you buying Deace out? Cyclone Nation and Cyclone Fanatic becoming one? OK that is my call...save this post if it does happen. :Money:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Fair enough.

It won't happen until AT LEAST July 17th due to some unforseen reasons.

And to be clear; I am not joining any other site or network and I'm still ignoring Keira Knightley's constant phone calls:wink0st:

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Fair enough.

It won't happen until AT LEAST July 17th due to some unforseen reasons.

And to be clear; I am not joining any other site or network and I'm still ignoring Keira Knightley's constant phone calls:wink0st:
Your post needed a picture.
keira_knightley_14.jpg

herbiedoobie

Jan 3, 2007
Germany
Thanks Chad, now you're going to get me in trouble with the Mrs.:wink0st:

Jeremy, I wish you'd reconsider. I get tired of having Keira hanging around my back door day and night, and now MY Mrs. is starting to suspect something.

Please, Jeremy, take one for the team, m'kay?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
To those of you having problems with Keira...send her my way. I'm not the only person in our house that would like to hang out with her.:wink0st:

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
ISUFan: Too much info.