anthony pritchard(new LB on roster)

sdcyfan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 12, 2006
Rapid City, SD
anyone have any info on him. watched his youtube clips and checked out his rivals page, looks to have the size and strength, but maybe lacks the speed needed at the big 12 level...move to DE? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
A Valley grad. very good HS linebacker. Good frame, good motor, runs well, not great. He was a better HS linebacker than Jesse Smith.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Runs high 4.4 from ICCC's son, Rhoads was really trying to get this kid to walk-on, and I'm glad he did. Don't be surprised if this kid is fighting for playing time next year.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHcuo8YitKM]YouTube - Anthony Pritchard LB #9 Football Highlights 2008[/ame]

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
Looks like a great addition. Looking forward to watching him on Saturday. Do we normally get this many great walk ons or is there a Rhoads Effect, everyone wants to play for him? I very much enjoy any information on these walk ons.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
This kid lacks speed. Wouldn't be surprised if he played special teams, but if he is our best option at linebacker, we are in trouble. A switch to DE would be a good spot for him. If he plays DE, I think he could get some playing time.

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida
anyone have any info on him. watched his youtube clips and checked out his rivals page, looks to have the size and strength, but maybe lacks the speed needed at the big 12 level...move to DE? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

6-2, 245 with a 4.6. That sounds GREAT!

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I played at iowa central. He is a beast on the field. Big, strong, helluva linebacker. The coaches were really high on him. He was originally going to iowa but didnt have the grades. Good to pick up a great LB like him!

sdcyfan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 12, 2006
Rapid City, SD
Better than Jesse Smith. Wow. Wasn't Jesse a two time 1st team all state LB in High School and we all know that he was All Big 12 this past season. I have a hard time believing that, but if its true than I can't wait to watch him play for the Cyclones.

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
Better than Jesse Smith. Wow. Wasn't Jesse a two time 1st team all state LB in High School and we all know that he was All Big 12 this past season. I have a hard time believing that, but if its true than I can't wait to watch him play for the Cyclones.
Pritchard was All-State at least 1 year. I have no idea how he will do at ISU. I remember watching Smith in HS thinking he was good. Pritchard was dominating in HS, similar to Pat Angerer, nearly impossible to block and a motor that wouldn't quit.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
2nd-team JCGridwire all-American
2nd-team NJCAA all-American
132 total tackles - 16.5 a game
best player on the team (offense or defense)
2 time all-region XI first-teamer
2 time all-conference first-teamer

This maybe the best walk-on resume's I have ever seen at ISU

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I think he'll play a nice role on special teams. Can't really see him cracking the lineup on D though unless we have some injuries.

Who knows?

AntiSnob

Mar 1, 2009
This kid lacks speed. Wouldn't be surprised if he played special teams, but if he is our best option at linebacker, we are in trouble. A switch to DE would be a good spot for him. If he plays DE, I think he could get some playing time.

you don't have to be exceptionally fast to be a LB. Ever see **** Butkus play?

Help Support Us

Become a patron