anthony pritchard(new LB on roster)

CycloBelle

Jan 20, 2010
Pritchard had an offer to walk on at Iowa. He was never offerred a scholly.

Jesse Smith was a state champion wrestler and was also first team allstate as a junior as a punter. He kicked a 53 yard FG in HS. Pritchard was not nearly that kind of athlete in HS.

Smiths defense at SEP didnt give up more than one touchdown to a opposing team all season. The three LBs at SEP that year, Smith, Joe Cason and Evan Fick all were better than Pritchard. Fick was a walkon at ISU and Cason was on scholly at UNI.

I hope Pritchard has a great career as a Clone.

Other than your statement that you "hope Pritchard has a great career as a Clone," you lost all credibility with this post. Comparing Smith and Pritchard is understandable; both are superior athletes. Stating that Cason and Fick were better than Pritchard shows that you are simply stating a preference for SEP over Valley. Where are Cason and Fick now?

Again, Pritchard is an incredible catch for a walk on - just like Smith was.

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il
All the comments on speed made me curious. At what speed do our LBs run the 40? I could only find stats on Knott at 4.57, Lattimer at 4.66 and Stonerook at 4.7. Anyone know speeds for Klein, Morton, Hamlin and Kaufman?

Times posted for Anthony Pritchard have been from high 4.4s to 4.6. That seems to put him as one of our fastest LBs.

Those are probably not 100% legit times. There are very, very few legit sub 4.6 Lbers even in the NFL.

For perspective current NFLer Alvin Bowen ran a best Pro Day time of 4.72 if memory serves and he was a terrific athlete.

Also Jesse impressed me a ton and he is one of the better Iowa high school Lbers of recent memory though Humpal got drafted and Klink was no slouch.

Just some thoughts…………

Chad

jamestaylor

Dec 13, 2008
the HIll
Cason ran one of the top 400s in the state as a HS senior, made it to state in wrestling and was on scholly at UNI. Because of off the field issues, he is no longer there.

Fick and some other walk ons who could have contributed got ran off by Chizek.

bootcy

Apr 12, 2006
Waukee
Pritchard had an offer to walk on at Iowa. He was never offerred a scholly.

Jesse Smith was a state champion wrestler and was also first team allstate as a junior as a punter. He kicked a 53 yard FG in HS. Pritchard was not nearly that kind of athlete in HS.

Smiths defense at SEP didnt give up more than one touchdown to a opposing team all season. The three LBs at SEP that year, Smith, Joe Cason and Evan Fick all were better than Pritchard. Fick was a walkon at ISU and Cason was on scholly at UNI.

I hope Pritchard has a great career as a Clone.

If Cason is so much better than Pritchard, why was Pritchard a 2nd Team All-American at Iowa Central, where Cason also played, and Cason received no post season award?

CycloBelle

Jan 20, 2010
You made my point for me - they are "no longer there" and Pritchard is at ISU playing strong.

No need to continue debating the issue.

Pritchard looks stronger than ever, faster than HS, sheds blocks, reads and covers well, takes good angles, hits low and takes his man down, and has an impressive resume.

Pritchard is a strong walk on that can only help ISU's already impressive LBs.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
No, he is a 2 to play 2 guy. He played as a frosh and soph, but sat out last year. I don't know why. Maybe it had something to do with needing an extra class or two to get his degree. But that's just speculation. So his eligibility clock started ticking three years ago when he was a freshman at ICCC. It doesn't stop just because you take a year off. It's the same problem we face with Gilstrap now, only 'Quez lost two years of eligibility instead of one.

I think that this solves the mystery. Iowa wanted him LAST year. Whether that is scholarship or walk-on who knows...probably walk-on. But evidently, he didn't graduate in August like they thought he would and had to come back for an extra semester. So he graduated with the AA in December and shows up in Ames in January.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Those are probably not 100% legit times. There are very, very few legit sub 4.6 Lbers even in the NFL.

For perspective current NFLer Alvin Bowen ran a best Pro Day time of 4.72 if memory serves and he was a terrific athlete.

Also Jesse impressed me a ton and he is one of the better Iowa high school Lbers of recent memory though Humpal got drafted and Klink was no slouch.

Just some thoughts…………

Chad

Ace was also undersized. Not that fast and undersized are not a great combination. He was a hell of a college LB but with that speed and size combination it is very hard to make it in the NFL. I am not saying he won't I am just saying it is very hard.

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il
Ace was also undersized. Not that fast and undersized are not a great combination. He was a hell of a college LB but with that speed and size combination it is very hard to make it in the NFL. I am not saying he won't I am just saying it is very hard.

I will agree Ace is a little smaller, but he is plenty fast enuff. There is such a misunderstanding about what is or isn't "fast". Plus playing in the NFL for even a year is no small feat. I will confess I didn't remember him being sub 230. The irony of that is, many suggest Big 12 Lbers are smaller and faster than Big 10 Lbers. But in reality they aren't much smaller (bigger in some cases)and not any faster.

Chad

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I dont know if anyone read it, but there was a scout article talking about moving Lattimer to D end because they think thats where he's best suited. BTW I was told from Kevin Twait that this kid is a stud and I wont be surprised if he is getting valuable minutes.

Heres scouts article about the LBs. Scout.com: CSR Looks Ahead To 2010: Linebackers

CycloBelle

Jan 20, 2010
Following all the football threads - Sims is a stud, Pritchard is a stud, Mattison is a stud, - not to mention Jeremiah George, Knott, Klein..... Sounds like our D will be a force to be reckoned with!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron