Enjoy My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkFanISUalum

May 17, 2009
Iowa City, IA
Wow...you're dedicating an entire blog to refute the writings of one other blogger?

I guess that's your choice, but it seems you have a bit too much time on your hands...

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
Well, with the football season over and the ISU basketball team making it's annual turn to the dumps and the wrestling team playing second fiddle to Iowa I suppose certain ISU fans will need to find other more constructive things to do...

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
This username's ip is a first hit on CF. So is it a clone fan or a hawk fan that got banned from HN doing this?

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
The only thing less relevant to me than Joh Miller's opinion is someone else's opinion on Jon Miller's opinion.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
That blog site is a little creepy. Careful Jon, I think someone's watching you. :eek:

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
I don't read Jon's blog but I'm not surprised he claims Iowa is one of the top ten programs of the decade because they have the 15th best record over 8 of the 10 years in the decade after eliminating the 2 years he doesn't want to consider. But I really think you are giving him what he wants by giving him publicity, no matter how small the amount. The stupidity of Jon's "analysis" like that is so obvious it's best just to ignore it. But if you can't -- that's some good work outta' you. Keep it up.

By the way, you'll get a kick out of this since Jon loves to talk about how Iowa is a great bowl draw and would be picked ahead of Boise State, TCU, or any other mid-major:

Fiesta: TCU vs. Boise State
Attendance: 73,227
TV share: 8.2
TV viewers: 13.2 million

Orange: Iowa vs. Ga Tech
Attendance: 66,131
TV share: 7.1
TV viewers: 10.9 million

Feel free to put it in your blog. Jon's gotta have some good spin on those numbers, eh???

Last edited:

M3MEPLEASE

Sep 4, 2009
I don't read Jon's blog but I'm not surprised he claims Iowa is one of the top ten programs of the decade because they have the 15th best record over 8 of the 10 years in the decade after eliminating the 2 years he doesn't want to consider. But I really think you are giving him what he wants by giving him publicity, no matter how small the amount. The stupidity of Jon's "analysis" like that is so obvious it's best just to ignore it. But if you can't -- that's some good work outta' you. Keep it up.

By the way, you'll get a kick out of this since Jon loves to talk about how Iowa is a great bowl draw and would be picked ahead of Boise State, TCU, or any other mid-major:

Feel free to put it in your blog. Jon's gotta have some good spin on those numbers, eh???

I think we found our blogger.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

One Bowl was on a Monday night against weak competition from other Networks. The other was on a Tuesday Night against the number one show...yeah exactly the same thing.

And you calling anyone else's opinion stupid brings to mind pots and kettles for some reason...

hawkfan

Feb 18, 2009
One Bowl was on a Monday night against weak competition from other Networks. The other was on a Tuesday Night against the number one show...yeah exactly the same thing.

And you calling anyone else's opinion stupid brings to mind pots and kettles for some reason...

+1....exactly what I was going to say.

Had the Orange Bowl been on either January 1st or even the 2nd or 3rd (maybe even the 4th), the game would have had MUCH better attendance/TV ratings....the Orange Bowl reps even admitted as much. The games date hurt it more than anything.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I
don't read Jon's blog but I'm not surprised he claims Iowa is one of the top ten programs of the decade because they have the 15th best record over 8 of the 10 years in the decade after eliminating the 2 years he doesn't want to consider. But I really think you are giving him what he wants by giving him publicity, no matter how small the amount. The stupidity of Jon's "analysis" like that is so obvious it's best just to ignore it. But if you can't -- that's some good work outta' you. Keep it up.

Monty Im sure you know what bowl ranked dead last in ratings then correct?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
You don't think it's a little wierd/dumb to point out how bad a teams ratings were when Iowa States was last? I guess that makes sense. Man I can't believe you guys got beat by UNI in basketball this year ya i guess you were right I see your point.

Not when the comparison is of the Fiesta Bowl to the Orange Bowl. Iowa State was in the Insight Bowl.

I'm guessing you're one of the never went to college Hawkeye fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron