What is there to do in Columbus, Ohio?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
I am here for a class and am lookin to get out of this awesome hotel room.

What is there to do around here? We are staying right next to the horseshoe.

I think tonight we are headed to eddie george's resturant to watch the ISU game and the Orange bowl.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
You could spend time on Cyclonefanatic. And if you get tired of that, you could see if your hotel gets espn360 and try to find some way to watch the women's game tonight.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
Head over to Short North or German Town and do some bar hopping.
FYI, I hate Columbus OH, you thought Iowa/Nebraska fans were bad, Ohio State takes the cake.

mwoodley13

Apr 20, 2006
FYI, I hate Columbus OH, you thought Iowa/Nebraska fans were bad, Ohio State takes the cake.

Agree on Germantown. If you go down there, go to a place called the Thurman Cafe, and order the Thurman-ator. It was featured on Man v. Food. I had one, and it was awesome!

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
What ISU game are you watching tonight? I think Duke is tomorrow
Wow, thats what I get for listening to a woman. She told me it was today, and I obviously knew it was tomorrow but I just spaced.
Go **** in the horseshoe. I would do it but I'm not there.
This is a great idea. I dont think I'm ballsy enough though.
Agree on Germantown. If you go down there, go to a place called the Thurman Cafe, and order the Thurman-ator. It was featured on Man v. Food. I had one, and it was awesome!
That looks like my kind of party. Thanks for that.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines

:no:

Not even close, my friend. Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas (any form) are the worst by far. I may be biased because I am from Ohio, but I love Columbus...really nice eclectic city. But, for you who hates it so much, you did get the primary evening activities correct.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
If you like beer, hit up Columbus Brewing Company (they have a good Apricot Ale there), Elevator Brewery, or Barley's Brewing company. Barcelona in the German Village is pretty nice if you've ever been to Spain and like tapas...but it is pretty "trendy". The North Market is nice to peruse, but if you aren't living there you might not be interested. COSI, Columbus Zoo, Columbus Museum of Art, or Franklin Park Conservatory (which I think is free)...if you are into any of those things. If you like the Buckeyes there is always a lot of history to see, or walk the campus.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
:no:

Not even close, my friend. Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas (any form) are the worst by far. I may be biased because I am from Ohio, but I love Columbus...really nice eclectic city. But, for you who hates it so much, you did get the primary evening activities correct.

I've spent some time there. Weird little tid bit fact, something like the second largest gay population right? Behind San Fran (pun intended). I kid I kid...

Anyway, the town is pretty cool, I don't mean to insult it. I just find THE Ohio State fans a bit unbearable.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I lived in Ohio most my life, I grew up a Notre Dame fan and was never an OSU fan. Iowa fans are much worse.

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
I just heard a good joke from a Michigan guy when I was at aTm... Cant remember the beginning but the punchline was something to the effect of : a buckeye is a hairless nut with little-to-no economic value.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
I've spent some time there. Weird little tid bit fact, something like the second largest gay population right? Behind San Fran (pun intended). I kid I kid...

Anyway, the town is pretty cool, I don't mean to insult it. I just find THE Ohio State fans a bit unbearable.

Ha, I understand, no worries. Just seemed like it came off a little harsh I guess.