• Bob Sanders
  • Someone else

Cycofan1

Jan 12, 2009
probably Shawn Johnson everybody around the world has heard of her

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
We are all bitter at Cael for leaving but his record speaks for itself. 159-0, 4 individual national titles, 4 individual B12 titles, and a gold medal just as a wrestler. 3 B12 championships and a national runner-up as a coach.

It's Cael and it ain't even close.

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
We are all bitter at Cael for leaving but his record speaks for itself. 159-0, 4 individual national titles, 4 individual B12 titles, and a gold medal just as a wrestler. 3 B12 championships and a national runner-up as a coach.

It's Cael and it ain't even close.

But, wrestling is a fringe sport. Even in Iowa, where it is more popular than probably most states, it is still an afterthought for most people.

I voted for Warner. He is going to be a HOF'er, 3 Superbowls, MVP, in what is the undisputed most popular sport in america, and in the most popular league in america.

Shawn Johnson or Zach Johnson would be good choices too.

jamesfnb

Apr 9, 2006
Shawn Johnson, hands down. If everyone on here truly understood the difficulty of gymnastics, the life-long training required, the risk, the mental strain, and to be one of the best on planet Earth....and to be from Iowa.....that's just one big WOW right there. It's true when they say gymnasts can do things even Navy Seals cannot.

No other athlete on the list accomplished squat on a world stage. Football (Super Bowl) doesn't count because it's an American sport and not played even close to our level in any other country in the world.

Cael would be my 2nd pick I think...............

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Gotta go with Kurt Warner, followed by Shawn Johnson (as much as the media coverage on her annoys the hell out of me)

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
But, wrestling is a fringe sport. Even in Iowa, where it is more popular than probably most states, it is still an afterthought for most people.

I voted for Warner. He is going to be a HOF'er, 3 Superbowls, MVP, in what is the undisputed most popular sport in america, and in the most popular league in america.

Shawn Johnson or Zach Johnson would be good choices too.

Wrestling is as much a fringe sport as gymnastics or golf. Golf isn't even an olympic sport... yet.

I'll give you Warner, but Cael's pursuit of perfection is just such a rare event. That may never happen again.

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
Wrestling is as much a fringe sport as gymnastics or golf. Golf isn't even an olympic sport... yet.

I'll give you Warner, but Cael's pursuit of perfection is just such a rare event. That may never happen again.

Golf is not a fringe sport. Golf is played everywhere all over the planet.

Wrestling hard to find even in the US.

What Cael did is amazing and shouldn't be overlooked, but IMO what Warner is doing on the biggest stage in American sports is more impressive.

MelMel

Oct 24, 2009
lol at Jamaal Tinsley.

Why are you laughing? He's the most dominant college basketball player in history in the state of Iowa and easily belongs on the list. Maybe you're laughing because he alone has more NCAA tournament wins than your school does in its history? I guess you can't help it, it is pretty hilarious.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron