What do they do at the Sukup basketball complex ?

Hindy

Dec 24, 2008
Ames
Does are team just sit around and play video games and watch movies ? It doesn't appear they use it to practice.:confused:

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I guess I always imagined: But that is just me...

amaxwell_nas_party.jpg

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Does are team just sit around and play video games and watch movies ? It doesn't appear they use it to practice.:confused:

One thing we know...mcdud never practices a half-court offense, thats for sure!!!

An old coach of mine used to tell us...Boys you can run all you want but you still have to play well in the half court and have a good half court offense!!!!

ISU's half court offense SUCKS.....Getting beat at Home by UNI...is totally............

UNACCEPTABLE....DO YA HEAR THAT MCDUD?????

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Seriously, all you haters grow up. Two bad games and you've jumped ship. Where is that loyalty we always boast about. Most of you sound like disgruntled Hawk fans. It's early in the year, we got exposed last nigh due to injury and illnesses. The things we didn't do well such as rebounding, we can correct.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Yay!

I was sitting, just waiting for another thread where stupid "fans" bash the players and coach for random things.

And you provided it. Thanks!

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
They stand around the perimeter all day...chucking up bad shots.....don't drive to the hoop when Brackins has the ball, and our coach wets himself when he sees an official. (Because he can't argue with them.)

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I wasn't bashing the players or coaches. I was just saying if I had a Practice facility like that....I would enjoy it (only on Friday nights though)

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
At least there are some sane people on here. I didn't like the way we played or the loss, but it is fixable. All the talk about firing the coach is sickening. A section of the fanbase is really making cyclone nation look bad.:no:

Cyclone Nation is just fine. A 4th year Big 12 coach with supposedly his best team just got pwned on his home court by an MVC team that he beat last year. What you expect the fans to do?

drdave89

Oct 26, 2009
Who is going to fix it? Have any of you seen any evidence in four years that our coaching staff can fix the problem? We have the same general problems for four years. Do we see any evidence that it is being fixed? I for one remember when we expected to win.
I say again who is going to fix it?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
At least there are some sane people on here. I didn't like the way we played or the loss, but it is fixable. All the talk about firing the coach is sickening. A section of the fanbase is really making cyclone nation look bad.:no:

I'd say the fanbase in general is doing that. Wow, we lost a hard-fought game to a tournament team that's going right back to the dance. Sure it hurt, but life goes on.

And if your kids or pets are scared to come near you just because of a loss, it's time to grow up and become an adult. Things happen that don't go the way you want in every part of life. Deal with it.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
But it's not two games. It's four years and a general feeling that things are not moving in the right direction.

Two games ago most people seemed to think we were moving in the right direction. So yeah, I'd say it's two games.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Reading this board after a loss I imagine is similar to listening to 40 year old women talk about the most recent episode of Desperate Housewives.

drunkstepfather

Sep 23, 2009
Iowa
The Sukup basketball complex is undergoing post-grand opening reconstruction phase II. Translation, Sukup is going to have a west Ames sweep auger manufacturing facility.

Hindy

Dec 24, 2008
Ames
Jump ship ? lol I'll be in the ship when it hits bottom. I think its funny you can't critisize a guy that gets a $ 50,000 a year raise and the team never improves. :notworthy:

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Jump ship ? lol I'll be in the ship when it hits bottom. I think its funny you can't critisize a guy that gets a $ 50,000 a year raise and the team never improves. :notworthy:

you weren't criticizing the guy getting paid. You were criticizing the team, saying they "sit around and play video games" instead of practicing.