Sanderson Article from the NYTimes

LetsPlay2

Dec 18, 2008
Des Moines
Wow, Cael is red-shirting his whole freshman class and redhsirting a returning all-american. Did not know that. Probably wont have a real good team this year. I hope KJ keeps building a solid program here and can bring ISU some team national championships!

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
I hope this plan back fires on him.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
If it's not about the money, put it to rest and say what the salary is.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
vomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000652-large.gif

Reactions: jay moe

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
at least the article gives some props to ISU. Many have barely mentioned ISU.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Every time I read or hear about his reasons for going to Penn State I have to fight off the urge to absolutely hate the guy and have to remind myself that he is one of the best athletes to ever compete for ISU. After all the ******** reasons he gives and his insisting it wasn't a money I have to ask what do they have but better In-State recruits?

To follow up with his analogy of like a Texas football program. Any good coach can win in Texas, a great coach is doing it elsewhere. Apparently he just didn't feel himself up to the task of getting it done at Iowa State where we have a pretty damn good fan base ourself. **** him for going off to start a dynasty somewhere before he could even put together one team championship in a program that has been near the top of the rankings consistently as of late.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Am I missing something when the article listed his brothers' last name as Cunningham?

*edit
-never mind, I had to re-read it again.

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
Dude, chill.

Chill about what? Sanderson is an article. Wes Johnson is getting props from ESPN. Chizik is getting attention on College Gameday. Who cares?

For every person who is left we have had an equally if not better person replace them. I'm tired of this board being 30% about people who left.

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
After all the ******** reasons he gives and his insisting it wasn't a money I have to ask what do they have but better In-State recruits?

Better facilities and a conference that cares about wrestling? I'm disappointed the guy left too, but I can see the argument that it is better as a long term career move.

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
Sanderson leaving is a good thing. KJ brings more intensity and aggressiveness that quit frankly Cael never had. No way Sanderson can win any titles if he continues his passive style of coaching. He can obtain all the top recruiting classes he wants but unless he develops them into being agressive and scoring points he will never win any championships.

The only real question is, can KJ bring in the recruits.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
Sanderson leaving is a good thing. KJ brings more intensity and aggressiveness that quit frankly Cael never had. No way Sanderson can win any titles if he continues his passive style of coaching. He can obtain all the top recruiting classes he wants but unless he develops them into being agressive and scoring points he will never win any championships.

The only real question is, can KJ bring in the recruits.

InterMat - Powered By RevWrestling

Does this answer that question?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron