KU Disappointed In Fans

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I noticed that looking at the stands while watchin it on VS. The corners were WAY empty...with an undefeated ranked team. This is sad, and could very easily be the reason you see KU football have some success this year and go right back into the tank quickly.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
a KU alum told me on Monday that the only thing keeping Mangino at KU is his 400 pounds.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
As a recruit, would you really want to play for fans like that? I wouldn't.

elreh

Jan 26, 2009
I loved this quote from a KU commenter:

" It's no wonder ISU had a shot to win on Saturday, b/c their crowd was nearly as loud as the Jayhawk fans."

Clone1450

Dec 30, 2008
Kansas City
I was at the game and the crowed, although much smaller, was a lot louder the second half. The first half of the game the KU fans were simply silent. It was like being in a twilight zone or something! Even when it was 3rd down there were no sounds coming from the fans, it's like they didn't know when to cheer (which is entirely possible).

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
KU had over 50,000 for their first 3 games & then only 48+ for the ISU game. It just didn't make sense, you would think they would come for a Big 12 game. If they win Saturday people will be begging for tickets next week. The students leaving at half is amazing. I just think bball has spoiled them.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
KU has always been a basketball school and always will be. Football will always be 2nd class at that school.

I really don't understand this reasoning. What is wrong with just being a "sports" school?

I can't imagine their fans are going "Boy, our football team is pretty good. Unfortunately we have a really good basketball team so I don't think I can make the trip to the game today."

This just doesn't make sense...

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
I can understand why it has happened. It was significantly colder than the first 3 home games, it was early, and KU was favored by about 20. And before the last two home games, it had been about 3 years since there was a close game. In fact, out of KU's last 9 home games, 8 have been before noon. Week after week, that takes a toll on tailgaters. KU plays OU at either 2:30 or 7 in 2 weeks. If the same problem occurs then, it will be embarrassing. Bottom line, though, is that there's just not the passion behind KU football like there is in other places.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Part of the problem is the bowl seats are so bad nobody wants to buy them and sit 40 yards from the field. I'm guessing the remaining games will be sold out and the game at Arrowhead will be very close to it. So if the only game that isn't sold out is the ISU game I guess that's not bad. But I think they all should be sold out before the season starts. We only have a 50,000 seat stadium. KU still has a ways to go.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I can understand why it has happened. It was significantly colder than the first 3 home games, it was early, and KU was favored by about 20. And before the last two home games, it had been about 3 years since there was a close game. In fact, out of KU's last 9 home games, 8 have been before noon. Week after week, that takes a toll on tailgaters. KU plays OU at either 2:30 or 7 in 2 weeks. If the same problem occurs then, it will be embarrassing. Bottom line, though, is that there's just not the passion behind KU football like there is in other places.

Wow filled with excuses.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron