Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
What might happen if the mini packs were offered to season ticket holders? I'm talking a line on the season ticket holder order form, with the appropriate choices there. OR, if that were a choice of season ticket holders later, just as single game tickets and away game tickets are now? Offer those choices to those of us who already pay big bucks, rather than throwing it open to the world? At least that way, it's kind of up to me who sits in donor sections.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
What might happen if the mini packs were offered to season ticket holders? I'm talking a line on the season ticket holder order form, with the appropriate choices there. OR, if that were a choice of season ticket holders later, just as single game tickets and away game tickets are now? Offer those choices to those of us who already pay big bucks, rather than throwing it open to the world? At least that way, it's kind of up to me who sits in donor sections.

That would be an excellent idea. Open mini-pack sales up to season ticket holders a few weeks prior to general availability.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Good idea, but it still does not cover the differential, I guess I will have to scalp our 5th season ticket!!

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
He did say ISU football assistant coaches salaries went from third 18 months ago to last or near last today. JP, explaining that's how stunningly fast things can change in college athletics today, sounded a bit frustrated to me when he acknowledged that right now ISU isn't in position to do much about assistant's salaries.

This is very ironic.

Years ago we had some excellent assistants like Steve Loney and we could not keep them, partly because our assistant coach salary budget was so low.

Then we had an extremely high assistant coach salary budget and we used it to hire some of the worst assistants in the history of college football. At least two of whom we are still paying even though they were fired last year.

Now that we have new and supposedly better assistants, our assistant coach salary budget is again at the bottom and if our guys prove themselves, they'll probably leave for a better offer.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
After reading this thread, I see no possible way season ticket prices are not raised next year with a 7 game slate.

I'm afraid the AD's office needs a bowl game more than anyone.

tarzan

Jan 31, 2007
If it wasn't posted already, the 11,000 season ticket sales he mentioned was only those sold at the full $350 price. The rest of the 37,000 were mini-packs, clone club members and others.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Better then last week though when some idoit called in about our dance squad wearing black and that they should be disallowed to dance because black is not one of our colors. The guy was raising his voice to Jamie about it. Funny as hell.

The dance squad is hot as all get out. That guy is the worlds biggest moron. As long as they show up for home games, I dont care what they dress in. I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest his armpits.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
After reading this thread, I see no possible way season ticket prices are not raised next year with a 7 game slate.

They cannot raise the $350 by much if anny, that is not he price point that can be adjusted.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Re: Guaranteed if

this was U. of I., it would get done. Regardless of the economic conditions, won-loss ratio, etc, the regents would find a way to help. Either by standing aside or actively assisting. Has been this way since at least the 50s and no doubt before. ISU sports have always been a stepchild and up until 10 or 15 yrs ago were treated as such by the ISU administration & faculty. Not whining, just the facts.

If that's true, then Iowa will get the go-ahead to finish the renovations to Carver-Hawkeye. If not...well, you know.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The south endzone will not be done until this program wins on a regular basis.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
If it wasn't posted already, the 11,000 season ticket sales he mentioned was only those sold at the full $350 price. The rest of the 37,000 were mini-packs, clone club members and others.

So 26,000 tickets were sold as mini packs? I still find that hard to believe.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So 26,000 tickets were sold as mini packs? I still find that hard to believe.

No.A lot of those other 26k were: Student section, band, the cheaper tickets for those under 30, hillside, lil cyclone club, etc. Ways you can buy full season tickets without paying full price.

Reactions: kingcy

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
This should really not come as a suprise to anyone. The two resource pools for something like this (state money from the University and private investors) have both dried up a bit lately. With 10% across the board cuts, and whatever individual loss our main boosters have incurred, it is pretty self-evident why this is not getting done. I guess all we can do is sit back and wait for an upswing in the economy...which could end up being very similar to watching paint dry.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Re: Guaranteed if

If that's true, then Iowa will get the go-ahead to finish the renovations to Carver-Hawkeye. If not...well, you know.

These renovations should start with scraping the rust off the jungle-gym they put on top of the arena.

I must admit, the Iowa State colored flower bed in front is a nice touch though!

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Did you bother to read the rest of the thread?

YES. There sorry I got confused by all the numbers being thrown around.

No.A lot of those other 26k were: Student section, band, the cheaper tickets for those under 30, hillside, lil cyclone club, etc. Ways you can buy full season tickets without paying full price.

So they were counted like in the past, JP was just making a point.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
it is pretty self-evident why this is not getting done.

It is not getting done because ISU isnt winning football games. It also isnt getting done because we dont have a huge fan base. Most of our fan base doesnt donate a lot of money either, because they have no reason to. The economy has something to do with it but not the main reason. JP had a huge goal of what he wanted done, it was also unrealistic.

tripod

Dec 28, 2007
Wow... If that's not a typo, that is horrible. We sold 36k just two years ago. 70% reduction in our season ticket sales over two years. Wow.

I guess the $800K from Kansas City looks like a great deal now, as we may have made money even after losing the home game.

That Kansas City debacle will never be a deal. It may have cost us a game because we were basically playing a road game. How much would that win be worth right now? You can't tell me that whatever extra we made over parking and concessions was worth a loss. I'm not saying we would have won for sure if that game is in Ames, but I'm just saying.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
That Kansas City debacle will never be a deal. It may have cost us a game because we were basically playing a road game. How much would that win be worth right now? You can't tell me that whatever extra we made over parking and concessions was worth a loss. I'm not saying we would have won for sure if that game is in Ames, but I'm just saying.

Again, monetarily, we came out better. Period. A late November in Ames doesn't net even close to a million dollars, and we made 1.6 from this.