Pollard on Cydline show?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I would have preferred to bowl in the stadium first and then look for the money to make the other improvements on the east/west concourses we just completed.

TheBullGod

Oct 14, 2009
The 37,000 combined all forms of season tickets, including full price, mini packs, kids club, tents, etc. The 11,000 figure is how many people, of whatever the total is this year, are paying full price.

Season tickets are important because those are the solid numbers from which plans can be made. I do agree that we seem to have a solid number of tickets sold, but you cannot make plans on those, as they are a what if...

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Its almost like they need to split the Endzone project up and just scrap the upper deck and suites for later. (that would save a ton of money) I would be interested in knowing what it would cost to just do the lower bowl in the South and the North Hills corners and upgrade the Audio and Video.
My guess it would be $10 Million for A/V (which would be an insane upgrade for us) and $20-25 Million for New seats and South Concourse? ( I don't know construction though)

We spent only $12 Million for the East Concourse which included destruction of all those old concession stands, building up the concourse, making new very nice consession/restrooms and plaza and New Entry ways etcc. I can't see how doing this smaller version would come close to $65 Million.
We are supposively in tight with several contruction companies right?
So....
- don't do the upper deck but design it to add on later.
- build up the South Concourse with a few concession stands for continous flow
- install the South Endzone similiar to the 1st Drawing that was proposed that was basically a spinoff of Gene's Smiths idea.
- No suites, but build the structure to add them later.
- Fill in the North Hills in so we lose the Hill jokes and the stadium has a better feel. (make them cheap General addmission seating so people with families don't freak out) AND I am one with a family by the way....
- New Sound and Video. (put the old score board on the opposite side as the new scoreboard) (This would probably run $10 Million just by judging by the Minnesota Stadium)
- Spend a little money and get the Football offices and lockerrooms really pimped out (I don't think people realize how much this means to recruits)

so $30 or 40 Million would be more attainable with a Big donor opposed to $65 Million.
That would put the stadium at about 52,000 -54,000 physical seats and no hills. That is a perfect size for ISU right now. If needing more seats in the future (fingers crossed) then we add on down the road IF Needed.

I mean Central Florida built an entire bowled in 45,000 seat stadium for $54 Million two years ago. Maybe they used sticks and stones I don't know, but it looks nice.
College Gridirons-Conference USA Stadiums-Bright House Networks Stadium-UCF Knights

I think the only way we see results is by splitting up the project and going a little cheaper also. Remember when people were having a frickin cow about how cheap and crappy the basketball facility was going to be. There is no complaining now and it may actually save our program. I think the same thing applies to Football right now. Just a thought.

PLUS....Like people are saying above. We really need to start putting a product on the field.

Basically what I was saying....so obviously I agree here. Get that lower level built.....and when we can, build up. Simple as that.:wink:

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Basically what I was saying....so obviously I agree here. Get that lower level built.....and when we can, build up. Simple as that.:wink:

You could also put temporary stands, similar to the ones already there on top of the lower level until you have the money for the upper deck.

Help Support Us

Become a patron