VOTE- Big XII Rank 'Em

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I ranked K-State at the bottom. I realize, of course, K-State defeated ISU last year, but I just can't see Snyder making that big of a difference. In fact, I think K-State takes a huge step back. I could be wrong, but Snyder's system and Prince's system can't be all that much alike.

I ranked ISU ahead of Baylor and Colorado.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
1.Texas
2. OU
3. OSU
4. NU
5.KU
6.TTU
7. MU
8. ISU
9.Baylor
10.CU
11.A&M
12. KSU

A splash of kool aid but could happen.

AustinCyclone

Nov 17, 2006
Austin, TX
Texas: 12-0
Oklahoma: 11-1
Oklahoma State: 9-3
Texas Tech: 9-3
Nebraska: 9-3
Kansas: 8-4
Missouri: 7-5
Iowa State: 7-5
Colorado: 5-7
Baylor: 4-8
Texas A&M: 4-8
Kansas State: 3-9

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
1. Texas
2. Oklahoma
3. Oklahoma State
4. Nebraska
5. Texas Tech
6. Kansas
7. Colorado
8. Iowa State
9. Baylor
10. Missouri
11. Texas A&M
12. Kansas State

Apr 30, 2009
1. Texas
2. Oklahoma
3. Oklahoma State
4. kansas
5. Texas Tech
6. nebraska
7.missouri
8. baylor
9. colorado
10. texas a&m
11. iowa state
12. Kansas State

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I ranked K-State at the bottom. I realize, of course, K-State defeated ISU last year, but I just can't see Snyder making that big of a difference. In fact, I think K-State takes a huge step back. I could be wrong, but Snyder's system and Prince's system can't be all that much alike.

I ranked ISU ahead of Baylor and Colorado.

Ahead of Baylor??? The koolaid is strong with you.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
I agree that K-State takes a step back this year. I honestly think Mizzou takes a huge step back as well. Pinkel really isn't a good coach. I think Mizzou underachieved last year considering the talent they had. Mizzou always underachieves because their coach stinks. If we played them in Ames this year I'd look for a Cyclone win for sure. Being that the game is in Columbia, who knows. I think ISU ranks higher than them though.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I agree that K-State takes a step back this year. I honestly think Mizzou takes a huge step back as well. Pinkel really isn't a good coach. I think Mizzou underachieved last year considering the talent they had. Mizzou always underachieves because their coach stinks. If we played them in Ames this year I'd look for a Cyclone win for sure. Being that the game is in Columbia, who knows. I think ISU ranks higher than them though.

I agree. There will be a night and day difference for Mizzou without Chase Daniel. He carried that offense and made it work because he had been running that same offense since he was in high school. He will not be easily replaced.
Not to mention that they also lost their big play threat in Maclin.
I see Mizzou going back to the days when they underacheived with mid level Big XII talent. I think ISU should be able to take them over the next few years unless another savior arrives for them at QB.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I agree. There will be a night and day difference for Mizzou without Chase Daniel. He carried that offense and made it work because he had been running that same offense since he was in high school. He will not be easily replaced.
Not to mention that they also lost their big play threat in Maclin.
I see Mizzou going back to the days when they underacheived with mid level Big XII talent. I think ISU should be able to take them over the next few years unless another savior arrives for them at QB.
I'd agree with this.

I really think we have a shot with aTm and Colorado though. KC has always been kind to ISU too, so KSU should be interesting.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'd agree with this.

I really think we have a shot with aTm and Colorado though. KC has always been kind to ISU too, so KSU should be interesting.

KSU will also be hurting at QB. There is no way they score that much against us last year without Freeman despite our defensive woes.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
And you haven't been drinking enough of the kool aid.

Doesn't ISU host Baylor for a Homecoming game? I'm not convinced that they are that much better than ISU.

Did you watch Baylor dismantle us last year? And now RG3 has even more experience?

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
Did you watch Baylor dismantle us last year? And now RG3 has even more experience?
Brian- I did watch that. it was really, really disheartening. I also watched as other teams shut him down. I'm guessing with 12 games of film to watch this year, our new staff will have ample opportunity to make adjustments. Which is what they get paid for.

The problem last year was that the coaches played "their game" instead of tailoring each attack to the opponent. We exploited no one.

We also return a bunch of hungry players, and the game is at ISU. That's a lot more factors for us.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Brian- I did watch that. it was really, really disheartening. I also watched as other teams shut him down. I'm guessing with 12 games of film to watch this year, our new staff will have ample opportunity to make adjustments. Which is what they get paid for.

The problem last year was that the coaches played "their game" instead of tailoring each attack to the opponent. We exploited no one.

We also return a bunch of hungry players, and the game is at ISU. That's a lot more factors for us.

I deffinitely wouldn't put Baylor in the automatic loss column. It should be a winnable game. Didn't Griffin lose two outstanding offensive tackles to graduation this year? That and any other losses on the O-Line should help ISU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron