Any P90X Users?

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
I plan on doing the program. I got the dvds from a friend that is doing. What other stuff do I need besides workout equipment?

SmokinH2O

Oct 10, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
I plan on doing the program. I got the dvds from a friend that is doing. What other stuff do I need besides workout equipment?

Dumbells, pull up bar, chair, small towel, and a workout sheet. That's about all we use. Don't have a yoga block, I use a 20lbs hex dumbell instead. I'd also recommend a mat or something. I use a big 5x7 rug but some non-skid padding under it.

Have fun, it's tough but a blast. I start the final week of my 1st 90 days tomorrow and am happy with the results so far. I'm in far better shape, I eat better, and feel great.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
haha ill try to bring it. i found the workout sheets and stuff on the internet i just wasnt sure how useful the nutrition book is.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
One of the guys in the office just bought the DVD's on ebay of $39 bucks.:skeptical:

I personally have never tried this because it looks like far more work than I want to do.

I would imagine quite a few people have bought this and realized it was a lot of work and just gave up. I know a guy who hangs out at this one bar and he mentioned he and his wife bought it. That was about 3-4 months ago and I still see him and his wife at the bar. I kind of doubt beer is in the nutritional plan for P90X.

SmokinH2O

Oct 10, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Beer is not preferred :nah: but you can drink it. I know it doesn't help me do any more push ups or pull ups.

No doubt P90x is a lot of work but I think if you can make it through the 1st 3 weeks it's really something you can do. That 1st week is a killer. The real challenge is the time it takes. 6-7 days per week and a hour to 90min /day. Consistency is tough.

SmokinH2O

Oct 10, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Just thought I'd check to see if everyone is still at it? I'm now in my 2nd week of round 2 and yes I'm still sore. Not near as bad as the 1st couple of weeks. I'm very happy with the 1st 90 days and interested to see how the next 90 go. I've upped my cals on the diet so we'll see if that does anything....good or bad. :confused:

I can't say I came out at the end of 90 days ripped but I can say I am much leaner than I have been for a long, long time....15+ years. Diet was a big part of that. I wasn't 100% dedicated but I followed close, did what I wanted, ate mostly what I wanted in moderation, and that's worked for me. The real test will be at the end of this 90 days I plan to go back in and get my stats taken again by the Dr. Want to see the old BP going down and a major downward trend on the ol cholesteral and triglycerides. I know my weight is more in line so just maintaining it will be the key.

baylrballa

Feb 3, 2007
League City
in the recovery week between phase 2 and 3. core isn't much of a recovery...

was out of town 2 of the last 4 weekends so really cut into my routine/dieting. not near as much progress as the first month. still the most ripped I've been since freshman year. hopefully I can kick it back in gear this last month before I move.

CIVILCY

May 21, 2009
Has any body done the next set of dvds P90X plus? I am finishing up on week 8 and wondering what to do after I finish. Start over on the P90X or try the plus.

I have to say I love P90X though. Started out at 204 and I'm now at 183.

SmokinH2O

Oct 10, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Has any body done the next set of dvds P90X plus? I am finishing up on week 8 and wondering what to do after I finish. Start over on the P90X or try the plus.

I have to say I love P90X though. Started out at 204 and I'm now at 183.

I have not.

I finished the 1st 90 days just over a month ago and figured I'd do at least another 90 before I bumped up to the P90x +. I've read some reviews of it and it's not as well done as P90x. The one thing I did change was backing down on 92min of Yoga. My wife bought a couple of DVD's from Yoga Fit and I've used each of them. They come in at about 45min and 55min. Much more tolerable. They aren't as hard either so that's not as good but they do go several of the basic moves.

One thing I'd like to do is get a couple of his 1 on 1 DVD's. Each month Tony does a new video and you can pick it up for about $20. I think there are 8-12 out there and I've heard really good things about them. Of the 12, only 4-5 would be of interest to me. He has one called bun shaper and I really have no interest in that. Some of his others that are of interest are...Just arms, Diamond delts, killer abs, and fountain of youth yoga.

I figure after my 3rd 90 days I'll invest a few more $$$ in the P90x + and/or the One on One's and create a modified workout incorporating those new routines into P90x.

Let me know if you get the + or something else and how you like it.

Good luck.

CIVILCY

May 21, 2009
I have not.

I finished the 1st 90 days just over a month ago and figured I'd do at least another 90 before I bumped up to the P90x +. I've read some reviews of it and it's not as well done as P90x. The one thing I did change was backing down on 92min of Yoga. My wife bought a couple of DVD's from Yoga Fit and I've used each of them. They come in at about 45min and 55min. Much more tolerable. They aren't as hard either so that's not as good but they do go several of the basic moves.

One thing I'd like to do is get a couple of his 1 on 1 DVD's. Each month Tony does a new video and you can pick it up for about $20. I think there are 8-12 out there and I've heard really good things about them. Of the 12, only 4-5 would be of interest to me. He has one called bun shaper and I really have no interest in that. Some of his others that are of interest are...Just arms, Diamond delts, killer abs, and fountain of youth yoga.

I figure after my 3rd 90 days I'll invest a few more $$$ in the P90x + and/or the One on One's and create a modified workout incorporating those new routines into P90x.

Let me know if you get the + or something else and how you like it.

Good luck.

Thanks I'll have to look into the 1 on 1's. I wouldn't mind another ab work out. The only good part is I pretty much space out durning the ab ripper and before I know it I'm done since its so routine right now. The yoga does get old and I might have to look into some of the easier ones, because I have fallen on my head a couple of times doing the crane.

I'll give a review of the + if I invest in that next.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
So, I was through about week 6, had lost about 20 lbs, was faster and stronger than I have been in a long time. Then boom, I tear cartilage in my knee, can't do much of any working out, and have gained about 10 lbs back. Grr.

SOIllCyclone

Sep 7, 2008
Austin, TX
I'm now on week 5! I decided to do this b/c I had gained around 15-20 pounds my first year of college at ISU. I needed a change and plus my roommate and I have a bet who can come back looking better than we left haha. So far I have gone from 196 to 180 in those 5 weeks. I have alot of people telling me how good I look especially in a really short time.

The hardest part though is sticking to the diet! I read through the diet plan and pretty much just said eat healthy. So I just dropped alot of fast food and sweets and soda, that is about it. I drink orange juice and water. Eat my fruits and vegetables, and meats. Sometimes when I go out I will cheat but it hasnt affected me too much. This weekend is the 4th and I'm off completely and will continue on the 6th.

Good Luck to everyone!

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Yeah, there is allot to that diet plan that i don't agree with, most notably Tony's belief that Dairy products are the devil. I have just tried to eat sensibly and cut out the garbage. Not too tough really.

Well, off to do one of the 3 workouts I can do with my knee....

SmokinH2O

Oct 10, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
So, I was through about week 6, had lost about 20 lbs, was faster and stronger than I have been in a long time. Then boom, I tear cartilage in my knee, can't do much of any working out, and have gained about 10 lbs back. Grr.

Man that sucks. Did you do it during a work out or doing something else?

Glad to see you're trying to work through it by doing some of the workouts. What's the prognosis on your knee? Surgery or rest?

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I've been thinking about starting up the program. I was wondering what type of improvements everyone has seen so far.

Weight lost?
Body fat % lost?
Pull up rep increase?
Push up increase?

That type of good stuff. Thanks

SmokinH2O

Oct 10, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
I've been thinking about starting up the program. I was wondering what type of improvements everyone has seen so far.

Weight lost?
Body fat % lost?
Pull up rep increase?
Push up increase?

That type of good stuff. Thanks

For me.....

- I went form 180 to 160lbs
- BF I didn't track
- Pull up rep went from 6 to 16
- Push up increase went from 40 to 65+ I've never maxed out at the end.

Did all of that in 90 days, cut out the junk food but ate all the time and was never hungry.

I'm on round 2 getting ready to start phase 2 and can't wait. Haven't missed a day so far. I've had some better than others but worked hard every day.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
Posted via Mobile Device

Help Support Us

Become a patron