Favre won't be a Viking!

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
As an NFL fan, Thank God!

I wish Favre would just go away. I know he has plenty of records already, but it seems to me he's trying for one more. "Most times to come out of retirement."

Seriously, I could not care less one way or another, other than the fact that for years it's been this big media circus, "Is Bret coming back? Will he retire?" And now that's turned into "Will he come out of retirement?" I just get tired of hearing about it. Make up your damn mind Favre.

The guy has retired how many times, and he still hasn't missed a game.

Incredible.

Wingback

Dec 26, 2008
Hey God,
This is Geronimus, been awhile I know. I just wanted to thank you for listening to me last night when I spent three hours on my knees begging you to make sure Favre didn't become a Viking. It's much appreciated.
I started to wonder if you gave a ****, sorry, crap anymore. My Cyclone prayers go unanswered, that chick in research and development isn't noticing my advances the way I'd hoped, and that rash, well, let's just say it's gotten worse.
But finally, proof that you are listening. Thanks a million Buddy. Give Moses a high five, tell Pete Taylor we miss him and, if it's not too much trouble, give Kirk Ferentz crabs or somethiing.
OK, back to work. Take care of yourself.
- GeronimusClone, your loyal servant.
P.S. What's the status on that plague of Locusts in Iowa City?

You, my friend, are a funny guy!!!

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Phone conversation Wednesday Night:

Favre: Hey Brad, I'd really like to come out of retirement and play for the Vikings.

Childress: Well, Brett, that's great. You will be competing against our two younger qb options for the starting job, but I will be fair. Also, we do expect our players to participate in our off-season conditioning programs and all of our mini-camps......

Favre: Ummmm.......I'll stay retired.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Maybe Childress said he'd have to compete(gasp) for the starting job.

Favre: Hey Brad, I'd really like to come out of retirement and play for the Vikings.

Childress: Well, Brett, that's great. You will be competing against our two younger qb options for the starting job, but I will be fair. Also, we do expect our players to participate in our off-season conditioning programs and all of our mini-camps......

Very probable, IMO.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Well put. The Vikings don't want any part of this guy. Too many Favre lovers are choosing to remember Brett for what he was and not what he is. Yes he had a swan song in 2007, but his best days are far, far behind him. Couple that with the evidence that he is not a positive presence in the locker room, demanding special treatment, and isolation, and his opposition to offseason workouts, and Brett doesn't have much to hang his hat on.
Yes, I know that he has a Super Bowl ring. So do Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. I'm not saying that Brett wasn't great once upon a time, but he is no longer that man. He needs to call it a career. The Vikes are immeasurably better without him.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Even if Favre had a good year with the Vikes, the next year it would have been Randall Cunningham all over again. Bringing in a past-his-prime QB for one year is not the answer, keep looking for a younger, long-term option.

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
Even if Favre had a good year with the Vikes, the next year it would have been Randall Cunningham all over again. Bringing in a past-his-prime QB for one year is not the answer, keep looking for a younger, long-term option.

Didn't they win 15 games with Cunningham?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Damn you Gary Anderson!!! :jimlad:

God, has that been 10 years already? I still remember like it was yesterday. How is the only field goal you miss all year the one that keeps you out of the Super Bowl? How?!

simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
God, has that been 10 years already? I still remember like it was yesterday. How is the only field goal you miss all year the one that keeps you out of the Super Bowl? How?!
I was in the mall of america that day. You could here a collective groan from the entire place with that field goal missed. Being a Vikings fan is like the football equivelant of being a Cubs fan in that, ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN! :wink: But I can dream at least. :biglaugh:

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Yes Brett Favre can no longer play football

Signed,

2007 and the first half of 2008!

Some of you guys hatred for Favre is laughable. Even if you don't like him, that's fine, but he is still a top 10...if not better QB in the league. That is much better than what the Vikings currently have

And to anyone who thinks he is a bad teammate, he has about 18 years of history saying otherwise

j4state

May 21, 2006
Visit site
To whatever stopped this from happening..THANK YOU. The bad part is it's far from over but the first bullet is dodged.