This is odd

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
When ISU catches up to iowa's running total in the same amount of time let me know. Then we'll talk. And we havent had any assalts, vandalism or rapes yet. so shut you're d*mn hawkeye mouth.

Looks like Iowa football players arent the only ones who get in trouble

ISU football: Backup tight end arrested for public intoxication | DesMoinesRegister.com | The Des Moines Register

If you please notice the punishment at the end of the article it sounds awfully weak to your standards.

ClimbIowa

Aug 14, 2008
When ISU catches up to iowa's running total in the same amount of time let me know. Then we'll talk. And we havent had any assalts, vandalism or rapes yet. so shut you're d*mn hawkeye mouth.

Another Clone fan not using the Hawkeyes troubles to make them feel better about the arrest.

Reactions: hawkeyes23

hawkeyes23

Jan 9, 2009
Iowa City
I am not referring to the kid getting arrested, because I know that **** happens. What I am mainly talking about is the weak punishment he was given. If this was an Iowa player you guys would be talking about how KF was just sweeping it under the rug.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Maybe you didn't read the thread. Fyi, "Iowa is far worse than ISU" is the overwhelming theme.
Still waiting for evidence otherwise when it comes to legal troubles. Im not defending our players in the least, in fact I hope he sorely regrets his decisions, but fact of the matter is, when it comes to legal issues, I can't begin to understand how you see that as just a "Theme".

Last edited:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I am not referring to the kid getting arrested, because I know that **** happens. What I am mainly talking about is the weak punishment he was given. If this was an Iowa player you guys would be talking about how KF was just sweeping it under the rug.

Weak punishment? You say on one hand in a thread I believe last week that alcohol offenses "aren't a big deal", but say the punishment was weak? Iowa is notorious for having players arrested, yet, depending on the player, the punishment is different. It isn't an epidemic here yet, so I don't expect to see stricter punishments.

ClimbIowa

Aug 14, 2008
Still waiting for evidence otherwise when it comes to legal troubles. Im not defending our players in the least, in fact I hope he sorely regrets his decisions, but fact of the matter is, when it comes to legal issues, I can't begin to understand how you see that as just a "Theme".

Well. I said it was the theme of the threads. Since Iowa's troubles was the most discussed topic in those threads, I think "theme" is an appropriate word. It's a very simple point. You may be overthinking this one.

hawkeyes23

Jan 9, 2009
Iowa City
Weak punishment? You say on one hand in a thread I believe last week that alcohol offenses "aren't a big deal", but say the punishment was weak? Iowa is notorious for having players arrested, yet, depending on the player, the punishment is different. It isn't an epidemic here yet, so I don't expect to see stricter punishments.
Yes I agree I don't think they are that big of a deal, but if kf would punish someone like this everybody would be up in arms.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Yes I agree I don't think they are that big of a deal, but if kf would punish someone like this everybody would be up in arms.

Because his punishments are

#1 Inconsistent
#2 Apparently not doing anything

If people are morons and continue making the same mistakes as others, the stakes need to be raised to deter said actions.

IAHAWKS757

Jan 1, 2009
Iowa City

#1 Inconsistent
#2 Apparently not doing anything

If people are morons and continue making the same mistakes as others, the stakes need to be raised to deter said actions.

What hawkeyes23 is saying, is that if KF was in the same position as the ISU coach, and didn't suspend that player, you guys would be up in arms about Ferentz running a dirty program.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008

#1 Inconsistent

Kirk's punishments are very consistent.

Adrian Clayborn, starting defensive end - charged with assault causing injury - no punishment.

Tyler Christensen, buried on page 2 of the depth chart - charged with public intox - suspended indefinitely.

Brandon Myers, starting tight end - charged with public intox, no punishment.

Clint Huntrods, 3rd string long snapper - charge with public intox, thrown off the team.

I could go on and on, but the consistency should be obvious.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
What hawkeyes23 is saying, is that if KF was in the same position as the ISU coach, and didn't suspend that player, you guys would be up in arms about Ferentz running a dirty program.

Even with his first player arrested? I don't remember this being a big topic until it became a weekly occurance in Iowa City.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

But they aren't! Ferentz is kicking Rhoads *** in the arrests department! We all understand one here and one there...every other month isn't here and there however.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines

Ding ding ding! Thread winner. Rhoads seems to have had the decision made for him, what with an athletic dept. code of conduct, or whatever it is.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
In light of what has gone on in Iowa City I am surprised he was not suspended to make an example of him and set a precident for future problems. That being said this 1 incident doesn't worry me because it hasn't become a trend like it has over in Iowa City. Once we start seeing several of these in an offseason I'm sure folks here will be just as critical as they are with KF.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Gentlemen, please. Remember, when you're discussing indicators that reveal poor leadership, morals and ethics with a current fan of U of I football, you are effectively attempting to describe the color "blue" to blind men. So, do what makes you happy, but this is an exercise in futility.

And TarHeel Hawk, you have that last quote wrong. I said "sons". As in both of his sons are thugs.

Reactions: MontyBurns