*****The Super, Mega, Huge Big 12 Expansion Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Disagree. Having a championship game would NOT have propelled OSU to the NC game. They beat Oklahoma convincingly. And still did not make it. Beating KSU (again, because they already beat them once), who did not even get a BCS invite, would not have helped. The Media was obsessed with the overrated SEC. It will be funny if OSU trounces Stanford and Alabama wins a squeaker in OT by a 9-6 score.

You know if there were 12 teams this year, Okie St would not have played ISU so maybe they are undefeated....

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Honestly, I might have to agree with that statement minus the top QB and that is only because I don't know who their QB is going to be next year. With the addition of TCU and West Virginia, the Big 12 just added two top tier teams and two potential conference favorites.

If Griffin and Jones go pro, TCU and WVU could easily have the two best QBs in the conference next year.

At least in terms of throwing the ball.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
Mizzou's Schedule:

Wow. They are front loaded at home. The SEC made it clear that these schedules will likely have no effect on the 2013 and future schedules.

Sept. 1 Open
Sept. 8 GEORGIA Columbia, Mo.
Sept. 15 ARIZONA STATE Columbia, Mo.
Sept. 22 at South Carolina Columbia, S.C.
Sept. 29 Open
Oct. 6 VANDERBILT Columbia, Mo.
Oct. 13 ALABAMA Columbia, Mo.
Oct. 20 Open
Oct. 27 KENTUCKY Columbia, Mo.
Nov. 3 at Florida Gainesville, Fla.
Nov. 10 at Tennessee Knoxville, Tenn.
Nov. 17 Open
Nov. 24 at Texas A&M College Station, Texas

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Mizzou's Schedule:

Wow. They are front loaded at home. The SEC made it clear that these schedules will likely have no effect on the 2013 and future schedules.

Sept. 1 Open
Sept. 29 Open
Oct. 20 Open
Nov. 17 Open

Dead thread?? Never! Interesting how they don't have a home date in November. Senior day in October...

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Dead thread?? Never! Interesting how they don't have a home date in November. Senior day in October...

Well, there's only 9 games listed, so 3 of those 4 OPEN dates will be filled. I'm guessing the Nov OPEN date will be Cupcake U @ Columbia.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Mizzou's Schedule:

Sept. 1 Open
Sept. 29 Open
Oct. 20 Open
Nov. 17 Open
9 games? They need 6 to go bowling.

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
Well, there's only 9 games listed, so 3 of those 4 OPEN dates will be filled. I'm guessing the Nov OPEN date will be Cupcake U @ Columbia.[/QUOTE]

As of right now, KU hasn't responded to Missouri's invitation to schedule a game.

Wait...were you referring to a generic Cupcake U?

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
Mizzou's Schedule:

Sept. 1 Open
Sept. 29 Open
Oct. 20 Open
Nov. 17 Open

Assuming that they fill the schedule with 3 more MAC- or WAC-quality teams, does anybody here think it's IMPOSSIBLE that Mizzou matches it's record from this year (7-5)?

I know we've had a lot of fun bantering about how Mizzou will get killed in the SEC, but does this seem like Murderer's Row? Sure they'll get blown up by Bama, and probably SoCar and Georgia too, but the rest? Vandy and Kentucky at home? TAMU? That and the OOC is probably 6-7 wins right there.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Well, there's only 9 games listed, so 3 of those 4 OPEN dates will be filled. I'm guessing the Nov OPEN date will be Cupcake U @ Columbia.[/QUOTE]

As of right now, KU hasn't responded to Missouri's invitation to schedule a game.

Wait...were you referring to a generic Cupcake U?

Um, Kansas did respond to your invitation to schedule a game. I don't recall the exact wording but it was essentially, "Go **** yourself".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron