Since it's Halloween...favorite scary/horror movies?

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
Saw Scream in the theater, everyone was screaming at the jump scares, made it really fun.
Yep- it was one of the first movies I went to with friends after leaving the nest and attempting to be an adult as a young Airman in the Air Force…loud and fun atmosphere in the theater. Good times!

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Lots of good ones in this thread. One I enjoyed was Sinister. Also if you've never seen The Autopsy of Jane Doe you should.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
Coherence is a movie that never gets brought up. I’m not sure if it qualifies as horror though. More suspense or Sci fi

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Saw Scream in the theater, everyone was screaming at the jump scares, made it really fun.

When Scream came out, I was a freshman at ISU and went opening weekend with a friend. NO ONE was there. It was empty. But man it was soooo good. I came back to the dorms and told people you have to see it, it's great and I'll go again. Ended up going five times in the theater and each time more and more people were in the theater. Word of mouth for that movie was insane.

Reactions: CycloneVet

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
We basically watch all of the classics and a few newer ones. Some with the kids and others without. One that we picked up over the past few was Final Girls.

Just a fun campy nod to classic horror movies. Great cast too. One my wife watched recently that she hadn’t seen was Cabin In The Woods. Such a weird movie but I liked it a lot. She walked away from it wondering what the hell she just saw. Cracked me up.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
We basically watch all of the classics and a few newer ones. Some with the kids and others without. One that we picked up over the past few was Final Girls.

Just a fun campy nod to classic horror movies. Great cast too. One my wife watched recently that she hadn’t seen was Cabin In The Woods. Such a weird movie but I liked it a lot. She walked away from it wondering what the hell she just saw. Cracked me up.

I started watching Final Girls but never finished. I'll have to start it over from the beginning.

Reactions: bos

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Hereditary. Stuck with me way longer than any other horror movie, in a deeply unsettling way. Also has two of the most horrifying images I've ever seen in a movie (if you've seen it, you know the ones I'm talking about)
I'd never seen it so I watched it this past weekend. I'm curious what two images as I don't recall anything all that horrific, of course maybe decades of horror and slashers might have just left me jaded.