Search results

1. Max57

Best Iowa State point guard

It was early in the shot clock (if I remember correctly). I mean, it has been ~23 years. Whatever ... they were a fantastic team -- that's why that game hurt so bad.
  2. Max57

I get it, he was open, and missed it. Or he could have run clock and gotten fouled. He also wasn't the best FT shooter. So you never know. Funny how I can see the end of that game in my head ~ 23 years later.
  3. Max57

Bracketology 2024

Personally, I'd like to get some tourney revenge on Ohio State. Oh ... never mind.
  4. Max57

Love(d) Tinsley. But there was that one ill-advised layup he missed.
  5. Max57

Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

The good news in this is that the Iowa women's team got a little exposed yesterday. Seems to me the Buckeye's had the better team. Here's to losing in the Sweet Sixteen. Then that will be that.
  6. Max57

49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

Whatever the opposite of ADD is, that's what Brock Purdy has.
  7. Max57

Robert Jones Improvement

Big Rob ... I always loved his energy. Before ... his shots would cause a quick "NO!" from me. Now I want him logging 36 minutes a game.
  8. Max57

2023-2024 MBB computer projections thread

Hilton: +7 Lloyd Noble: yawn
  9. Max57

*** Official #7 Texas (SAMSUBA) vs #12 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

All of us boomers were much younger then and totally hungry for any kind of success. Plus ... Johnny. Just remember when you see someone in their 60s or 70s, they f'n started this fan stuff. Barry, Harris, Tompkins, Grayer, Sam Hill, Terry Woods, Hornacek, Lafester -- and more. They started...
  10. Max57

*** Official #7 Texas (SAMSUBA) vs #12 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

1987 -- vs Iowa (top 10); Lafester went for 54 and holds the school record. Might not have been the loudest, but ... it was one of my loudest. I'm so effing happy Otz is our coach.
  11. Max57

49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

Let's hope for no over-the-shoulder-while-being-sacked interceptions.
  12. Max57

WTB: 2 Tix for the McNeese St Game

Tickets bought. Thanks.
  13. Max57

WTB: 2 Tix for the McNeese St Game

WTB 2 tix to McNeese. Preferably lower level but I'll consider balcony seats too.
  14. Max57

Iowa State’s Most Bone-Headed Athletic Change?

I was going to reply, "Jim Criner", "Jim Walden". (Directly related to yours.) Letting Earl walk was a huge mistake, not hiring John Cooper another miss.
  15. Max57

Big men at iowa state...

When I think of Victor, I always think back to a Big (8?) tourney game against Mizzou. We scored like 19 points in the first half, and in a quiet moment, Johnny lost his cool, stamped his feet a few times, and yelled, "Gxx Dammit, Victor!!, look at the hoop!!" You could hear it clear as a bell...
  16. Max57

US vs Honduras - World Cup Qualifying

Stupid. Currently 2 degrees with -15 windchill.
  17. Max57

Yellowstone - new TV "western"

The kid, who plays the kid, can act.
  18. Max57

Linderbaum donation

I'm personally very thankful for the UofI Hospitals and Clinics. Good for Tyler Linderbaum and I hope for the best for him at the next level. May he go to a team I can root for -- or not dislike.
  19. Max57

Grand View Christian

Everyone can shoot 3s. Just watch any kid at any age warming up. It's just a matter of time before they start falling.