Your Dream ISU Starting 5

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I might take a 4-year Tyrus vs. 2-year Sullivan, but I'm not sure I'd make the trade as the "careers" actually happened.

I wouldn't take Tyrus over Sullivan by any stretch. Both had defensive issues. Both could shoot the rock. McGee was a better rebounder. But Sullivan had a deadly shot fake, drive and pull-up. He was a freaking assassin.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I wouldn't take Tyrus over Sullivan by any stretch. Both had defensive issues. Both could shoot the rock. McGee was a better rebounder. But Sullivan had a deadly shot fake, drive and pull-up. He was a freaking assassin.

You're probably right. More versatility — McGee gets an advantage of having that 6th-man role, his strengths are more magnified, more niche-oriented.

Beyond shooting abilities, too, both were "scrappy" hard-workers.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
PG - 1,2,3 Kid
SG - Mr. Perfect
SF - Big John Studd
PF - JYD
C - Giant Gonzalez

1, 2 , 3 Kid....:twitcy::twitcy::twitcy: ill never forget how he came out with that new image the the next week after beating Razor Ramon on monday night raw

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Tinsley
Hoiball
Stevens
Grayer
Fizer

Score 100+ per game

CycloneInColo

Sep 21, 2012
Denver, Colorado
A lot of guys on here with only about 20 years of knowledge. Try this........

1st team
Gary Thompson
Fred Hoiberg
Don Smith (Zaid Abdul-Aziz)
Marcus Fizer
Kelvin Cato

2nd team
Jaamal Tinsley
Jeff Hornacek
Jeff Grayer
Bill Cain
Victor Alexander

Honorable mention
Barry Stevens
Hercle Ivy
Dean Uthoff

Still lots of interchangeable parts though.

hoiball

Jan 13, 2013
No Royce? I'm feeling you've got to at least have him in the honorable mention. The guy was a freak here especially against Kentucky!

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
PG- Tinsley
SG- Sullivan
SF- Niang
PF- Fizer
C- Cato

Pnt fw:Royce,
Sg:hoiberg
Sg:hornacek
Sf:grayer
C:Big Vic

Who wins in a game between team a and b? I go with b solely because you have sullivan. Trade him for stevens or 5 or 6 other players we gotta good game.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
1. Tinsley
2. Hornacek
3. Hoiberg
4. Grayer
5. Fizer

This team would be awesome.

You can make the case for Royce obviously, but he only played for one year, so I marked that against him. Plus, he probably will never play a game in the NBA, so that also goes against him in my book. All the guys on the team above played in the NBA.

Oh, and Sullivan might not even crack my top 20 of all time Cyclone basketball players.

Last edited:

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Tinsley
Hornacek
Hoiberg
Fizer
Cato

With Dreamy as the coach, obviously. He's more than capable of coaching and playing at the same time.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Too easy? Dude Don Smith or big Vic would eat Cato alive. Vic was basically unstoppable when he got the ball on the block and Vic would have 50 lbs on Cato. I love Cato as a defender no doubt but overall you have to give the nod to Vic or Don.

Tinsley
Mayor
Grayer
fizer
Vic

IbSvU

Feb 6, 2012
Yes, it was too easy for me to come up with my dream starting five.

Not really concerned much about offense because of the other four people in the lineup dude.

el tornado

Mar 23, 2006
G Hornacek
G Tinsley
F Grayer
F Hoiberg
C White

This lineup would be NCAA champs