Your Dream ISU Starting 5

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I'm not even an ISU fan, but I will say that anyone who doesn't include Jeff Grayer on their list here is probably wearing a smedium Affliction t-shirt and running a few minutes late taking a tinkle before hitting a Nickelback concert.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Hurl Beechum, my friends... Hurl Beechum!! I would have Jacy Holloway running the point. Why? With all the scorers I would include (Grayer, Hoiberg & Fizer with Cato at Center) do we really need a scoring PG on there? Holloway was one of the best at what he did!

I have always said that Jacy is one of the most underrated and most forgotten player in ISU history. He should be considered one of the all time greats.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Tinsley
Hoiberg
Grayer
Fizer
Royce

First off bench, Hornacek, Cato. No on else needed. That many mouths to feed, need guys that like to pass the rock.

Edit: Tinsley over Hornacek mostly for style points.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
The OnlynQuestion is Center

I can only base on who I've seen play, which would start with 1982 season. IMO there are 4 easy choices:

PG Tinsley
SG Stevens
SF Grayer
PF Fizer
C Vic Alexander

I don't start Royce, because his streghth is with the ball in his hands. I'd rather have Tinsley with the ball and Fizer was a better shot and rebounder than Royce.

My 2nd team would be:

PG Hornacek
SG Hoiberg
SF Willoughby
PF Royce
C Cato

Honorable mention: Stinson, McGee, Sullivan, Michalek, Homan

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Tinsley is one of the best college pg ever
hoiberg
horny
fizer
cato

My thinking is i have a smaller backcourt but can really spread. Horny was tough. Fizer is as imposing physically as the big12 has ever seen and cato is a long defender.

To me you have to have tinsley and fizer in the starting lineup

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Tinsley is one of the best college pg ever
hoiberg
horny
fizer
cato

My thinking is i have a smaller backcourt but can really spread. Horny was tough. Fizer is as imposing physically as the big12 has ever seen and cato is a long defender.

To me you have to have tinsley and fizer in the starting lineup

You might be getting a tad carried away.

Magic Johnson
Bob Cousey
Isiah Thomas
Bobby Hurley
Gary Payton
Jason Kidd
Sherman Douglas
Kenny Anderson
Stephen Curry
Johnny Dawkins
Chris Paul
Allen Iverson
Mateen Cleaves
Chris Jackson
Andre Miller
Damon Stoudamire
Tim Hardaway

And I'm sure I've overlooked plenty of other PGs, most of these are just from my lifetime with the exception of Cousey. Tinsley was a great player, but to say he was one of the best college PGs ever is a bit of a stretch.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I'm not saying McGee deserves to be on the all-time list but I'd take Tyrus over Sullivan any day

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron