Your best Personal Fred Hoiberg Encounter...

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This thread just cracks me up. I think its kind of sweet how we all have crushes on Fred :)

CYKD

Dec 18, 2010
Des Moines
I ran into Fred this year in Iowa City before the ISU/Iowa game. He was waiting in a long line to use the Kibo (aka porta-potty) outside of Kinnick. I wasn't fully coherent at the time, but I do remember rambling on about having bball season tickets and wanting him to bring the "magic" back to Hilton. Not my finest hour, but I did get a good picture with him nonetheless.

beatiowa

Dec 21, 2008
Berkeley, CA
After one of our first pep band rehearsals this year, he had pizzas delivered to Music Hall for all of us. Our director said he wanted to come himself but couldn't because the team was having practice at the same time. Not a personal encounter, but it's yet another testament to how great of a guy he is.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I've posted this before but I worked at Subway on Welch in college and made sandwiches numerous times for he and his GF(wife now?) a senior in HS and a frosh at ISU You'd never know that he was BMOC by the way he acted. Very humble.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Before cell phone days: My parents grew up 2 houses away from his future in-laws. Fred was always over visiting his g/f/fiance. Well one time an old lady neighbor sees Fred going for a run and yells out her window to him... She told him that she thought someone was in her basement and for some reason Fred needed to call the police. He saw me and my brothers playing out in our yard so he came up to us and asked if he could use our phone to call the police. I can remember then, even with hysterical old people, Fred was still helpfu and patient.

simesclone

Feb 18, 2010
Not really personal,but my brother-in law took a wizz in the stall next door too Fred at Adventureland and I saw them walk out together.

creightonclone

Mar 3, 2008
Grinnell High School basketball camp during his freshman. I had him sign a copy of the old Peach that featured himself, Loren, Julius, and Hurl.