You get one restaurant that’s closed in Ames to come back…

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Red white and blue was sort of drinkable if it was icy cold. Meisterbrau and Strohs were a staple in my fridge. Not many people would "borrow" them. Fancy folks kept Bud light or Coors Light in their fridges.
red white and blue light was sort of drinkable. I disagree about red white and blue regular. just plain bad

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Yes it was, well not like with a meat case and stuff but definitely served some pretty good food. Burgers, fries, their deep fried mushrooms were good. What was the bar on top of Cy's?
Lost and found I think. I was only there once and was hammered - not sure if its still there.

Reactions: Pat and NWICY

KneeGusto

May 13, 2006
S̶q̶u̶a̶w̶ Ioway Creek
daVinci's Pizza circa 1992

515-292-3003

Large cheesesteak on wheat, hot peppers, extra cheese, mushrooms... $ 5.85. Give the delivery guy $8 and your next order arrives in like 16 minutes.

The good ol' days. We may have ordered a few.

They are still in Lincoln in 2022. That sandwich above is now $ 13.17

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
What was the place that made crock pizzas? I can never remember the name of that Italian restaurant.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
daVinci's Pizza circa 1992

515-292-3003

Large cheesesteak on wheat, hot peppers, extra cheese, mushrooms... $ 5.85. Give the delivery guy $8 and your next order arrives in like 16 minutes.

The good ol' days. We may have ordered a few.

They are still in Lincoln in 2022. That sandwich above is now $ 13.17
Their lunch deals were insanity. Literally at least three times a week I’d get a personal pizza with four piece cheese bread on white and a drink for like $5.15.

There are three still open in Lincoln. Was at one a few years ago and the manager was the same manager that used to be in Ames. I asked why they closed. He said they really never wanted to but the building owners were gouging them for rent and the basically said **** it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The Hardee’s on Welch that everyone walked through the drive thru because we were too drunk to drive and we’re being responsible.

I’m trying to remember if tazzles had a back door. I remember it being close to closing time and it was on east side of Welch. We we mostly hitting the back door of the bar facing the east, but there were cops out there. Finally one really drunk dude wandered out and the cops grabbed him. It was like the running of the bulls then, the door opened and it was just a mass exodus. The cops yelled and only the dumb ones stopped when they did. That poor drunk was like the sacrifice.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not that I want it back but we had picked up our oldest at the mall to ride into the game with us Saturday and saw Fazzolis had closed.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Big Earl's...does that count? :jimlad:
I was only there a couple times when it was Blondies. I know a saw a cop bust a drug deal there. Stripper ran in and threw something in a fake plant and then a cop came in shortly after and was looking around where she went.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron