You are the President of ISU..

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Woah, woah, woah. Let's not bring logic into this argument.

And I forgot to mention:

1. His first coaching hire was hired away by a football blue blood and won a national title.
2. No one really cares about his ability to retain a gymnastics or track coach.
3. His second football head coaching hire was a guy that 2 years ago the entire fan base wanted to give a lifetime contract to make sure he wasn't hired away by someone else.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Honest question, all these new threads started by people I've never seen before. What percentage would you say are actually hawkeye fans trying to troll? I'd say 50%

The scary thing is...I don't think they are trying to troll at all and they actually believe the stuff they are posting.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Pollard has done a ton for ISU athletics as a whole and we're fortunate to have him.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
If I were the president of ISU, I'd have a whole lot more important things to worry about than the loss of a football game. A whole lot more.

But I might just put out a memo to some of the "fans" to get a grip.

:pcool:

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I would love for Rhoads just to stand up there and blame Chizik. I mean it's been 6 years, seems like there are other people who blame things on predecessors after 6 years.

Reactions: LindenCy

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I am afraid the President might defer the decision to the Board of Regents or something.....

cylove

Jul 14, 2014
I would love for Rhoads just to stand up there and blame Chizik. I mean it's been 6 years, seems like there are other people who blame things on predecessors after 6 years.

Leave Dan McCarney out of this

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
The scary thing is...I don't think they are trying to troll at all and they actually believe the stuff they are posting.

There are a handful of people who push their "fire pollard" agenda at any opportunity. I think he peed in their cheerios and they just want to see him burn.

QCCyclone

Feb 10, 2013
We need to start a poll to vote for the best (worst) meltdown thread of the last few days. My vote is either this one or any calling CW out for getting their hopes up.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Hey, now...don't malign my family!!!

No, no, I said random ape. An orangutan, as you well know, is one of the Great Apes, thus smarter than the drivel that's been flying around here lately. I was thinking more along the lines of a gibbon or something. We all know you can't listen to anything those gibbons say.

:wink:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
No, no, I said random ape. An orangutan, as you well know, is one of the Great Apes, thus smarter than the drivel that's been flying around here lately. I was thinking more along the lines of a gibbon or something. We all know you can't listen to anything those gibbons say.

:wink:

Well played, sir. All is forgiven. :)

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
........ I like how we love Pollard in the Winter put hate him the fall. Good Stuff. Bigguns, good stuff.

I think we have only hated Pollard since last saturday. Or was I not keeping good enough score?

Spam

May 21, 2008
The comment about Fred- Yes, if I was AD I could have hired Fred. But would I have? Heck no! I would hire someone who had coaching experience. Some big name. Someone who could return ISU basketball to the fun days again. Someone who has been there, done that. A proven recruiter. A proven winner.

Thank goodness I am not the AD. Thank goodness JP does not think like I do. Thank goodness JP hired Fred. Thank goodness for JP. Thank goodness for Fred Hoiberg.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron