Xavier Thames

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
You just misquoted him to support your argument. Don't be so freaking stupid...as if it's a choice.

People misquote me all the time to support their arguments, I just learn from the best.

Hey, I'm not the only one who thinks this goes on a lot around here. But, of course, since I'm a Hawk fan, me saying it is much worse than any other poster. Seriously, I should change my username to NeutralSportsFan, that way, no matter what I'd say, I couldn't be accused of being a hater!

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
People misquote me all the time to support their arguments, I just learn from the best.

Hey, I'm not the only one who thinks this goes on a lot around here. But, of course, since I'm a Hawk fan, me saying it is much worse than any other poster. Seriously, I should change my username to NeutralSportsFan, that way, no matter what I'd say, I couldn't be accused of being a hater!

No one could have predicted that you'd get grief for being a Hawk fan on a board called 'CycloneFanatic'.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

If hijacking a thread by making something up and then arguing about it makes you fit NeutralSportsFan then go for it. I think you get unfairly treated because of your username but in this instance I'm calling you out. Call me out any time you want. I'm sure it will be warranted some day.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Let's see. It's a site full of Cyclone Fans, your username identifies you as follower of one of our biggest rivals, and you derail a thread with some misguided attempt to poke fun at Iowa State. And now you are surprised that people are retaliating?

How would you feel if a Donald Trump supporter followed you to your Rosie O'Donnell fansite and started saying that "A League of Their Own" sucked? You'd be pretty pissed, right? And you'd probably defend Rosie by responding, because you're a big fan, right? I mean, sure she's not the best actress in the world, but you love her anyway. And yeah, she may be a litttle outspoken, but she's still your favorite. Also, you hate Star Jones.

Anyway, I digress. The point I was trying to make here is that I'd be happy to change your username if you like. I would suggest something like "DorisMurphy12" or "RosieFan22." Just let me know what you'd like.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
Just speculation here, but with Tony Bennet leaving WSU, there's a pretty fair chance that Xavier Thames will decommit from WSU. If he does, I'd like to see us use Eik's scholarship on him.

What I got out of this quote is that cyismydog would like if we offered Eik's scholarship to Thames, if he decommits from WSU. Nothing more nothing less.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
What I got out of this quote is that cyismydog would like if we offered Eik's scholarship to Thames, if he decommits from WSU. Nothing more nothing less.

Yep, I am pretty sure that is what cyismydog meant. Nothing more or less and nothing wrong with what he said. For some reason SH has been very bitter lately. Get better soon SH :biglaugh:

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
SH, your life must really suck if you have nothing better to do than be on here arguing with clone fans.

Dino

Mar 26, 2009
Des Moines
There are reasons we feel we are in on certain recruits. The coaching staff has spent time talking to and recruiting them and the interest was at least somewhat reciprocated. Those are the players we hear about as information is filtered down to us. For every one of them there are probably a few the coaches talked to and found were a dead end so they didn't pursue it and we don't hear anything about them. So yes, most of the players you hear us talk about we have at least a shot at getting.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
There was significant talk about Thames before he committed to WSU, so its not like he just picked this guy because he is thinking about changing schools. ISU was aggressively recruiting him for a while.

SpRiNgLiMe

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2007
Ames
SouthernHawk,

I think that you or I are misunderstanding the OP. I thought when he made the comment about using Eik's scholly, he meant that we should put an offer on the table.

As I read the quote over and over I definitely can see where that could be taken as believing we have him if we want him and we just need to use the scholarship.

I guess I should explain why I/how I understood the quote.

If we offer someone a scholarship, that ties up the scholarship (due to the Floyd rule). Thus if we offered we would be committing a scholarship or in essence using the scholarship in recruiting. I know we wouldn't actually be using the scholarship until a NLI is signed, which is why I can see how you understand it.

I just thought I would let you know how I took it, and how I take most of those comments. Again, I total understand where you can take it as arrogance, but I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.

Last edited:

warsend

Mar 22, 2009
Iowa
If Thames is getting out of Washington St.
is there a chance we can get him? We were one of the final 4 teams... I think Iowa State, UNLV, and Oregon State were his other teams?

Seems to me the Eikmeier spot for Thames would be an upgrade:yes:

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
If Thames is getting out of Washington St.
is there a chance we can get him? We were one of the final 4 teams... I think Iowa State, UNLV, and Oregon State were his other teams?

Seems to me the Eikmeier spot for Thames would be an upgrade:yes:

I would think we could be an option, since he was down to us and Wazzu.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/mens-basketball/29960-thames-down-2-isu-wsu.html

Not sure if McDermott wants to late sign an unproven high schooler at this point though (Vette, Brister). Sounds like he's after a ju-co.

warsend

Mar 22, 2009
Iowa
I looked at the scholly situation, we have like 5 juniors next year?

Another person would make it 6? At a place like Iowa State, that's a lot of recruiting for a year. I would rather get Thames, we would have 2 guards to develop behind Dg and Buckley. Though at the same time, that's a bad thing. :sad:

SpRiNgLiMe

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2007
Ames
From the WSU board
avabob1 : "Who was originally in the picture to get him?" ......

TheMFM : "It was really down to us and Iowa St, with San Diego St. in the picture. But mainly ISU."

Just thought I would post something that says we were in on him that wasn't posted by a cyclone fan.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
From the WSU board
avabob1 : "Who was originally in the picture to get him?" ......

TheMFM : "It was really down to us and Iowa St, with San Diego St. in the picture. But mainly ISU."

Just thought I would post something that says we were in on him that wasn't posted by a cyclone fan.

Lies! Lies! Lies!

-SouthernHawk

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron