Xavien Stapleton committs to Mississippi State

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
If you're talking about Michigan State, sure. Have you ever actually seen or heard about Mississippi State's basketball program? They're bottom feeders in the SEC. I know we have a long way to go before the 2016 team is solid, but give me a break with comments like this.

Golden Boy Shane Power disagrees with you here.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
New coach at MSU and they're off to a great start in recruiting. Their bottom feeding days are probably over.

IIRC they wanted Prohm to be the coach as Mississippi State.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Why are we even still talking about this marginal player. We can get 10 kids like this any time we want. We have passed on better players than this kid. Good luck *** miss state kid.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Why are we even still talking about this marginal player. We can get 10 kids like this any time we want. We have passed on better players than this kid. Good luck *** miss state kid.

I don't think this is anything to lose sleep over, but it's not true that we have passed on better players than this kid recently.

And it's totally unknown if Prohm can recruit "10 kids like this any time he wants"

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We would have more people upset on taking him and questioning his abilities at the Big 12 level on here if he would have committed. I personally would have liked to have him just because I think the upside is there with his athleticism but wasn't going to be upset no matter the outcome.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Because this thread is about him and he just went somewhere else. Just a guess.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
To this day, the head scratcher for me was when UCLA let Ben Howland go and hired Steve Alford. One of the biggest, weirdest moves in College Basketball history!

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Wut? He has to sit! No wonder this board has some of the crazy views it does - people don't even understand what they are discussing.

IMO, this would have been a very good addition. With how may scholarships we need to fill for 2016 and beyond, this would have given some great momentum. Oh well, go back to your delusions about stacking up on 5* guys for the 2016 class.
****. Well I guess I was sorta right then. I've just kinda stepped out of recruiting threads lately because I got sick of everyone freaking out that we dont have another Edoize and just assumed that this guy was another immediately eligible player we missed on.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
To this day, the head scratcher for me was when UCLA let Ben Howland go and hired Steve Alford. One of the biggest, weirdest moves in College Basketball history!
Look up Reeves nelson.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Because Bill Walton hated him. :wink:

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
So that was Ben Howland's fault? Nelson was a ****-up, plain and simple. And Howland had to kick him off the team. Howland should have received praise for using disciplinary measures in that situation. What did you expect Howland to do, turn the head the other way and ignore the situation? Would have not set a good example for the other players..

Look up Reeves nelson.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
So that was Ben Howland's fault? Nelson was a ****-up, plain and simple. And Howland had to kick him off the team. Howland should have received praise for using disciplinary measures in that situation. What did you expect Howland to do, turn the head the other way and ignore the situation? Would have not set a good example for the other players..

That kind of happened while Nelson was there.

What's really astounding to me is the number of people in here claiming to know something about college basketball, yet they don't seem to have any sort of knowledge of Ben Howland.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Howland at first suspended Nelson for violation of team rules and insubordination. Then he missed a flight for a game I believe, and that was the straw that broke the camels back. Was there other issues? I'm confused as to that is "ignoring the problem". I know Nelson had filed a lawsuit for defamation of character, but to let go Howland for doing his job is ludicrous.

That kind of happened while Nelson was there.

What's really astounding to me is the number of people in here claiming to know something about college basketball, yet they don't seem to have any sort of knowledge of Ben Howland.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron