WWE No Mercy (2017) Thread

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
This isn't a spoiler since WWE.com is openly talking about it.

Asuka broke her collarbone during her match with Ember and is vacating the NXT Women's Championship.

Next time we'll see her will be on the main roster.

Also, Paige is reportedly getting her WWE physical. So she'll likely be back at the performance center soon hopefully (She's been answering Happy Birthday tweets from various NXT/WWE Superstars, saying she'll hopefully see them again soon)

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Apparently Kacy Catanzaro (American Ninja Warrior fame) has been signed to a Performance Center contract.

On another note, Sexy Star has likely gotten herself blacklisted from performing in most promotions ever again after her actions in a fatal four-way match at AAA's Triplemania this weekend. First she no-sold just about everything she was hit with during the match, then went into full shoot mode, hitting the participants legitimately, ending with a full blown MMA-style cross arm breaker on Rosemary (TNA) that she continued heavily torquing long after the bell rang, legitimately dislocated her elbow and possibly tearing her triceps. She has been denounced by wrestlers from all promotions, and quite possibly will find it impossible to work with anyone in the future.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
First round of the Mae Young Classic is now up on the Network.

Outside of Kairi Sane's diving elbow, I think my favorite finisher is Candace LeRae's super swinging neckbreaker. The name is even better - Mrs. LeRae's Wild Ride. In some independent promotions she's billed from Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, a ride at Disneyland (she's a big time Disney freak).

EDIT - that was before I saw Lacey Evans finisher - a back-to-belly, well, the closest thing that WWE will allow for a piledriver these days, anyway, transitioned into a rana pin. I dig the gimmick too - WWII pinup doll.

Reactions: Macloney

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
First round of the Mae Young Classic is now up on the Network.

Outside of Kairi Sane's diving elbow, I think my favorite finisher is Candace LeRae's super swinging neckbreaker. The name is even better - Mrs. LeRae's Wild Ride. In some independent promotions she's billed from Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, a ride at Disneyland (she's a big time Disney freak).

EDIT - that was before I saw Lacey Evans finisher - a back-to-belly, well, the closest thing that WWE will allow for a piledriver these days, anyway, transitioned into a rana pin. I dig the gimmick too - WWII pinup doll.

Here's Lacey Evans' finisher I was talking about earlier today:

Reactions: cyclonenation5

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
So off topic, but still wresting related. In the New Entrance Music thread someone mentioned a WWE entrance theme (can't remember which). One of the things WWE does best in introductions.

What wrestling song, old or new, do you think could work for a sports enterance (football or bball)

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
So off topic, but still wresting related. In the New Entrance Music thread someone mentioned a WWE entrance theme (can't remember which). One of the things WWE does best in introductions.

What wrestling song, old or new, do you think could work for a sports enterance (football or bball)

I think the mentioned one was AJ Styles' song. It would definitely work for an entrance song, but wouldn't be up toward the top of my list. Personally, I don't think any of the WWE entrance songs today would be good. Most of them sound pretty similar to me now.

Campbell did say his favorite wrestler was Stone Cold; that'd be badass to come out to.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I think the mentioned one was AJ Styles' song. It would definitely work for an entrance song, but wouldn't be up toward the top of my list. Personally, I don't think any of the WWE entrance songs today would be good. Most of them sound pretty similar to me now.

Campbell did say his favorite wrestler was Stone Cold; that'd be badass to come out to.

Both of those are really good. I would prefer one of HHH's - either "My Time" or "The Game".

Reactions: cyclonenation5

Brentwood

Jun 25, 2008
Altoona
I went to a Barnstormer's game several years ago. After the coin toss, the teams started lining up for the kick-off and they blared "duhn...duhn, ITS TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!!!" It was bad ass and I fully support ISU starting this.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Ladies from the Mae Young Classic that HHH needs to sign:

Candace LeRae
Mercedes Martinez
Mia Yim
Piper Niven
Shayna Baszler
Tessa Blanchard
Toni Storm

Not including Abbey Laith, Bianca Belair, Dakota Kai, Kairi Sane, Lacey Evans, Reina Gonzales, Rhea Ripley, Sage Beckett, Sarah Logan, Taynara Conti, Vanessa Borne, and Zeda, all whom have already been signed.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
I went to a Barnstormer's game several years ago. After the coin toss, the teams started lining up for the kick-off and they blared "duhn...duhn, ITS TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!!!" It was bad ass and I fully support ISU starting this.

I went to a Stormers game this year and they came out to DX's theme, titanitron and all on the jumbotron.

Then for the opening kickoff I think they did play "The Game" and then after Kickoff they did Balor's theme

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Maryse's days in WWE have to be numbered, considering she and The Miz announced tonight that she's pregnant. Awesome for their family, but it will impact Miz's character. As great as Miz has been since WM 32 (can't believe it's a year an a half now), Maryse has been a big part of that, and that will be a big part that's no longer by his side helping him.

That being said, congratulations to them.

KHoing7

Aug 23, 2009
LeGrand
We could get everyone to sing along with shinsuka nakamura's theme or have everybody throw up their arms with Finn Balors theme

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Man in this Cena Reigns back and forth is resulting in some pretty nasty barbs. Wonder if this more shoot than storyline.

Pretty impressive night for Strowman's character. Once again decimate Lesnar and have a Lesnar suplex look meaningless. Then he destroys Cena. Wonder how they are going to book a Lesnar win at No Mercy with how invincible they are making Strowman.