WWE Greatest Royal Rumble/Backlash (2018) Thread

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Didn't think SD could get worse. No way they get back the quality that they have lost tonight.

I guess I'm struggling to see what "quality" you're worried about. IMO the only real "quality" pieces Raw picked up are Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Ruby Riott, perhaps Baron Corbin (if he's allowed to grow), Bobby Roode, and Drew McIntyre (if they book him like he was in NXT.

That's a lot of addition by subtraction for SmackDown tonight.

Meanwhile, SmackDown kept Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, New Day, The Usos, Rusev, Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, and the IIconics. Plus they're getting The Miz, supposedly getting Seth Rollins, and rumored to get Finn Balor, GoodBros, there's been some rumblings that Braun Strowman is going, and there could be some NXT call ups in Andrade "Cien" Almas, Zelina Vega, and SAnitY.

I'd say based on tonight alone SmackDown is already the clear winner, but I would like to see what they get from Raw first.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
To RAW
Jinder Mahal
Ruby Riott (Riott Squad)
Sarah Logan (Riott Squad)
Liv Morgan (Riott Squad)
Kevin Owens
Sami Zayn
Zack Ryder
Tyler Breeze (Breezeango)
Fandango (Breezeango)
Natalya
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre (from NXT)
Baron Corbin
Konnor (Ascension)
Viktor (Ascension)
Bobby Roode
Mike Kanellis
Maria Kanellis
Chad Gable

To SmackDown
The Miz
Maryse
One of Jeff Hardy or Seth Rollins

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Apparently Mike and Maria Kanellis are headed to Raw as well. I guess that also means Maryse is going over to SmackDown.

This post led me to go to youtube to listen to the Kanellis's theme song. One user comment captured the best sentiment. The quote was "God I hate it and love it so much all at the same time!"

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This post led me to go to youtube to listen to the Kanellis's theme song. One user comment captured the best sentiment. The quote was "God I hate it and love it so much all at the same time!"

Which is the whole point of the gimmick. Too bad some people are too dense to get it. “OMGeeeze they’re so cringeworthy I can’t stand them get rid of them.” Umm, yeah - that’s precisely the point. They’re playing a character you’re supposed to hate. You can’t have your generic white bread heroes like Cena and Reigns without having foils like Kanellis.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So here's the deal about tonight: the Raw roster has left to go on a short tour of South Africa. SmackDown is not going - they're doing a concurring tour of southern states. Which means if you've heard a rumor of "so-and-so" is backstage tonight, it means they're almost certainly part of the SmackDown roster.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Jeff Hardy has moved to SmackDown

Little bummed. Was hoping Rollins would come over to be “the guy” on Smackdown. Also, this kind of removes Jeff from the Woken Universe, unless Matt and Bray come over too, which would be very unexpected.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Little bummed. Was hoping Rollins would come over to be “the guy” on Smackdown. Also, this kind of removes Jeff from the Woken Universe, unless Matt and Bray come over too, which would be very unexpected.

Yes and no. They pretty much made clear last week that Jeff is like a "sane" member of the Woken Universe, where he was communicating with understanding with Matt, but he's not "Brother Nero" - he's his normal self. Yes, they've separated them, but it sounds like if they do any more shoots at the Hardy Compound, he may be there to participate.