WWE Elimination Chamber/Fastlane (2017) Thread

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
So this might be the match we get for Rollins at Mania. Rollins vs Samoa Joe instead of HHH.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So this might be the match we get for Rollins at Mania. Rollins vs Samoa Joe instead of HHH.

Possibly - or it's a gateway Rollins has to get through at Fastlane to get to HHH at Mania. Bottom line - Joe isn't going to SmackDown, which means that particular WrestleMania prediction of a match with Cena is out.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Loved HHH's promo, but here's the problem I had with it. HHH is claiming the reason why he turned on Rollins is because he blew his knee out, then, like a loser, relinquished the title like he was contractually obligated to do, "ungratefully" turning in everything The Authority had given him in the process, so HHH turned on him. This makes no sense for a couple of reasons.

First, it's as if HHH has completely forgotten that he too has had injury issues and has had both quads surgically repaired and the first in 2001 he had to relinquish both the Intercontinental and Tag Team titles. For HHH to claim Seth isn't the man because he got injured while being a champion makes him a hypocrite.

Second, HHH has his timeline screwed up. Towards the end of 2015 when Rollins blew out his knee, the rift between Rollins and The Authority was already developing. Rollins had gotten it in his head that he had to prove he was "The Man" so he stopped having J&J and Corp. Kane come out with him - and then started feuding with him. THAT'S when Rollins began "not appreciating" The Authority - before the injury, not after when he relinquished everything like he was supposed to.

The fix to HHH's promo is this: The Authority gave everything to Rollins. Instead of being grateful, he had to go out and prove that he was The Man. Like a whiny, petulant child he came to believe that everything he accomplished was his doing instead of it being generously given to him by me. And as a result of this foolish crusade, Rollins blew out his knee in the process and was forced to relinquish his WWE Title - and that was when I decided he was no longer The Man. See, what Seth Rollins doesn't get is he was "The Man" because I said he was "The Man". Seth Rollins had everything - the WWE Title, a spot in the inner circle, being "The Man". But that wasn't enough - he wanted to become "The King". But Seth forgot something - I AM the King of Kings. I make the rules. I decide who's royalty and who's nothing but a mere peasant. And Seth Rollins is nothing but the lowest of peasants. But Rollins hasn't seemed to have learned that lesson yet. So Seth - come out and face me.

The rest was perfect - Samoa Joe blindsiding Seth and HHH walking up the ramp like a mob boss walking away from an impending crime scene after his victim has fallen into his trap. HHH doesn't even need to address him, and he's no coward - he's the King of Kings, and he doesn't bother to bloody his fists with the likes of Seth Rollins. He has an entire roster full of peasants at NXT, if not on Raw, that would give anything to prove that they are "The Man".

This is also why I think that Samoa Joe is only a gatekeeper in this scenario and the real match is still HHH vs Seth Rollins at WrestleMania, because now Rollins knows HHH has people doing his dirty work for him and he's going to keep blasting through every obstacle HHH throws his way for the next 60 days or so to the point where HHH finally realizes he has no choice but to deal with Rollins himself - on the grandest stage.

This actually has the potential to be really good booking. Too bad they're only starting it now when they could have been building it since SummerSlam.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The other thing that's now clear - Joe wasn't even a last minute subtraction from the Rumble - he was never going to be in it. It would have ruined tonight.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I might have run into my favorite wrestling meme ever today:

tumblr_okbersF7Yj1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

So perfect. The wink really does it for me.

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So here's apparently the latest rumor for a match at WrestleMania:

John Cena and Nikki Bella vs. The Miz and Maryse

On the surface this is clearly OMGWTF material. However, there's reasons, the biggest being this is likely Nikki Bella's retirement match. Word is Nikki's neck is really bothering her and she's ready to call it quits, especially with everything going on in her life outside of wrestling, she's ready to end her in-ring career on her own terms. Also, whether John wants to admit it in kayfabe or not, he's clearly transitioning to a part-timer role and going Hollywood full time. Word is Nikki really wants this match and John put in a special request to Vince in order to have it.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2017/2...esnar-john-cena-plans-nikki-bella-leaving-wwe

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
So it's official. Goldberg vs Owens at Fastlane. A part timer vs a part timer for the belt in the main event of Wrestlemania. One old timer vs a guy only in this business for the money, headlining the biggest event of the year, where the guy who doesn't give a **** about the product, only himself, will win the title. Brock vs Reigns at SummerSlam where Reigns wins the belt.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
So it's official. Goldberg vs Owens at Fastlane. A part timer vs a part timer for the belt in the main event of Wrestlemania. One old timer vs a guy only in this business for the money, headlining the biggest event of the year, where the guy who doesn't give a **** about the product, only himself, will win the title. Brock vs Reigns at SummerSlam where Reigns wins the belt.

Goldberg = zzzzzzz

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Raw is everything wrong with professional wrestling.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I'm all for sending Owens back down to the midcard because this JeriKO stuff belongs there but I'm not thrilled about Brock as champion at all

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Raw is everything wrong with professional wrestling.

Agree, but I'm starting to think that the roster has more to do with it than I previously thought. RAW doesn't have the personalities to support 3 hours. Smackdown is really stacked up and I also think that the shorter show is a real advantage at this point because of the pace of the show.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron