WWE Clash of Champions (2017) (SDL) Thread

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
In case anyone was doubting that Kenny Omega vs. Chris Jericho was going to be anything but straight fire...

That might be the most vicious Codebreaker I have ever seen.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Why is Jericho doing stuff outside of WWE? Or is there some sort of affiliation?

1. He's not technically under contract with WWE at the moment.

2. He got Vince's blessing anyway.

3. (unofficial) Omega's contract with NJPW, just like everyone else's, runs out right around WK12. When Jericho says that after this match Omega may never wrestle for NJPW again, it may actually be more than just kayfabe talk - there's always a chance that this is Omega's swan song and he leaves after WK12. He seriously considered leaving last year.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The WWE Network episode was the exact same episode as on USA, except it also had a match between Ember Moon and Peyton Royce (perhaps another match, but this is the one that I remember off the top of my head).

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Royce/Moon was the only match not included because of it's length and how NXT is typically set up.

Recent eps have gone the full hour on the network so it's not a huge surprise that they'd leave one off so it fit the hour on the USA Network.

TttT is tonight, nothing special but Rah, Rah, America and it's being done outside on a naval cruiser in San Diego. All matches except for one are tags. No Boot Camp Match.
Shield vs Joe and the Bar
Absolution vs James, Bayley and Banks
Charlotte (W Naomi) vs Ruby Riott (W Sarah Logan and Liv Morgan) vs Carmella (W Lana and Tamina)
New Day and Usos vs Benjable and Rusev Day
AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Randy Orton vs Jinder Mahal, Sami Zayn, and Kevin Owens

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Looks like a little extra ham tonight. Also loved seeing Lillian, always great on the Anthem.

As many complaints as people have had about Lillian (and many of them were legitimate her first several years), she got quite good at her job and she's a lot better than anyone WWE has right now, even though Kayla Braxton at NXT shows quite a bit of potential.

Still think it's awesome Lillian's very first night with Raw was aired from Hilton Coliseum.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Word is a little more than a month from now Vince McMahon will be announcing that he is relaunching XFL.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...ment-sports-investment-opportunities-football

The only bright side I see to this is this may be the thing that finally has him turn WWE over to HHH and Stephanie and he steps away to do this entirely new venture (XFL would be separate from WWE this time). On the surface he's going to go against the current of what the NFL is doing - bringing more violence back to the game in a time when we're learning the long-term effects of that violence in the first place, doing politically-minded things like requiring players to stand for the national anthem, rebooting a football league in a time when the market is already oversaturated and, based on TV ratings the last few years, may be past its prime, etc. Either he's a genius and he's relaunching a football league that will be the answer to what hardcore football fans want, or he's doubling down on stupidity.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Crazy how the crowd responds to Rusev and English. Personally I'm team USOS. I've loved their turn in gimmick.