WVU @KU on ESPN

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
WVU had more than 6 shots at the rim he's lying. I'm sure some KU fan came up with some bogus shot chart or something but that's not how it went down

This. There were way more than 6 shots at the rim. Not only that, but there would have been more shots at the rim if KU wasn't mugging guys on their way TO the rim. That's what Huggins was so pissed about at the end of the game, there was one specific instance of it that sent him over the top.

• Agree
Reactions: awd4cy and CyTwins

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Tuco is right on a few things- WV did start to slow it down at the 8 minute mark (inexplicably) and did shoot more jump shots than they should have. They also didn't pressure much (probably because KU's guards would have went through it like **** through a goose (like we did)). However, the 2 free throws was laughable. No way that KU played that clean in a tough, physical game like that (and yes, I did watch the whole thing).

Reactions: Doc and awd4cy

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
For what it's worth, Azubuike does a fantastic does challenging shots while staying in his vertical plane... The one Huggy lost it over was not one of those instances.

The flop by Azubuike was the makeup call for the basket interference they missed on Konate on Carter's? and one.

For the most part, the officials did a good job last night. Bob has no one to blame but himself. The thing I posted last night with about 10 to go was right on the money.

They don't have anyone who can go get a bucket when they need it.

Hoepfully that changes tonight.

I'm guessing they start hanging around the perimeter and chucking threes that they'll brick down the stretch (regression to the mean). They are impressively inept at the end of the shot clock.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
When you don't score for essentially the last 4 minutes of a game (0-6 with 2 turnovers), you're not going to win in Lawrence. Sure the FT discrepancy is terrible, but not as terrible as WVUs offense to end the game.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You believe the 35-2 was deserved? God, you’re a ******* idiot.
Deserved? Is there some sort of NCAA rule that requires the free throw attempts in a game to be even between the two teams? The two teams played a completely different style of play. Why would it be equal?

Kansas was hunting foul calls on West Virginia from tip off. It was clearly tasked in their game plan to initiate contact to draw fouls whenever possible at it was successful.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Deserved? Is there some sort of NCAA rule that requires the free throw attempts in a game to be even between the two teams? The two teams played a completely different style of play. Why would it be equal?

Kansas was hunting foul calls on West Virginia from tip off. It was clearly tasked in their game plan to initiate contact to draw fouls whenever possible at it was successful.

It helps when they call everything a foul when you initiate contact and then don't do it on the other end. I'm honestly shocked you're defending this saying it was a well officiated game that's how bad it was

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLONE STATE

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
For what it's worth, Azubuike does a fantastic does challenging shots while staying in his vertical plane... The one Huggy lost it over was not one of those instances.

The flop by Azubuike was the makeup call for the basket interference they missed on Konate on Carter's? and one.

For the most part, the officials did a good job last night. Bob has no one to blame but himself. The thing I posted last night with about 10 to go was right on the money.
Yep, that's what it looked like from the stands. I agree that Dok got away with one down the stretch that could have been called a foul, but we've all watched West Virginia play before. They could have been called for ten more fouls and they would have been justified.

And I don't know if it was shown on TV last night but the number of times that a West Virginia player was flopping trying to get calls or pushing and bumping after the whistle was mind boggling. They even had a player shoulder his way between Dok and the woman interviewing him after the game. West Virginia as a team is a hack bunch of cheap shot artists. Glad the refs didn't fall for their BS like they do when the game is in Morgantown.

• Dislike

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
It helps when they call everything a foul when you initiate contact and then don't do it on the other end. I'm honestly shocked you're defending this saying it was a well officiated game that's how bad it was
You argue literally anything I say about anything so you being "shocked" is well, not shocking at all. West Virginia never initiated any contact. They pounded the ball into the ground and then chucked ill advised shots. And we were so slow rotating on defense that we never got close to them to foul them on those ill advised jumpers so once they cooled off and stopped making so many, it was game over.

• Dislike

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

35-2 is bad no matter what way you spin it. However, WVU was still in control of the have for the first 16 minutes of the second half, despite the descrepency. They lost the game because they couldn't score down the stretch, not because KU shot more FTs.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You argue literally anything I say about anything so you being "shocked" is well, not shocking at all. West Virginia never initiated any contact. They pounded the ball into the ground and then chucked ill advised shots. And we were so slow rotating on defense that we never got close to them to foul them on those ill advised jumpers so once they cooled off and stopped making so many, it was game over.

You thought it was a fair and well officiated game?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
35-2 is bad no matter what way you spin it. However, WVU was still in control of the have for the first 16 minutes of the second half, despite the descrepency. They lost the game because they couldn't score down the stretch, not because KU shot more FTs.
Agreed. Kansas relied on getting to the free throw line in large part because they couldn't knock down a three to save their life to start the game. WVU, on the other hand was getting lots of looks on open threes and taking them vs. driving to draw a foul. I am still screaming "WTF aren't you covering that guy?!?" in my head.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You thought it was a fair and well officiated game?
In the stands you don't get the benefit of slow motion replays or announcers explaining what happened so I really have no opinion one way or the other about it. I can only speak to my experience in what I saw from my seat.

• Funny

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

KU fan isn't going to concede anything that ends with a positive result for them, you should know that.

WVU may have inexplicably changed offensive strategy late in the game, but that doesn't take away the fact that they were fairly aggressive earlier in the game and still weren't getting calls in what we all knew was a very physical game on both sides.

Obviously there is no rule to "even up the fouls" or the FT's, but that kind of discrepancy is absolutely ridiculous when both teams were being very aggressive. KU fans would be going nuts right now if there had been anything close to that FT discrepancy while playing on the road against anyone else.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: Acylum and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
In the stands you don't get the benefit of slow motion replays or announcers explaining what happened so I really have no opinion one way or the other about it. I can only speak to my experience in what I saw from my seat.

Well I didn't ask you where you watched it from I asked you if you thought it was a well officiated and fairly called game which you avoided to answer

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Yep, that's what it looked like from the stands.....
And I don't know if it was shown on TV last night......

As bad the officiating was, what is even more funny is that you seem to think you had a better view of the calls (or non-calls) because you were AT that dump watching the game.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Here's the 35-2 shot chart. It was more insane to see it live and how bad it was called

So I went through those individually and there were 6 shots at the rim and 2 more close enough to call them layups. Remember, "in the paint" isn't the same thing as "at the rim". You know where the rim is located ion the shot chart and can count the number of circles close to the rim.

• Dislike

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
As bad the officiating was, what is even more funny is that you seem to think you had a better view of the calls (or non-calls) because you were AT that dump watching the game.
How you got that translation from what I posted is beyond me. Talk about reading what you want to read into a post.

• Dislike