WSU top 10?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
WSU is ranked 8th for a home win against UNI and absolutely no other impressive wins. 5 or 6 seed...not 2 as the ap would suggest.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
WSU is ranked 8th for a home win against UNI and absolutely no other impressive wins. 5 or 6 seed...not 2 as the ap would suggest.

Their "good" loss in OT @Utah isn't looking as good as it used to, either. It's still a very respectable loss -- it just doesn't carry quite as much weight as it used too.

Last edited:

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
For WSU 14 out of their 27 wins (52%) came against teams with a losing overall record.

For UNI 17 out of their 29 wins (59%) came against teams with a losing overall record.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I'd love to see the committee seed UNI and WSU as 8 seeds. You think you're so good, prove it.

Serious question; take a look at a current bracket projection from either Lunardi or Palm and switch a current 8 seed with UNI in the 4 seed. Can you make a serious, rational argument for that team to be in that spot besides UNI?

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
Serious question; take a look at a current bracket projection from either Lunardi or Palm and switch a current 8 seed with UNI in the 4 seed. Can you make a serious, rational argument for that team to be in that spot besides UNI?

Why would you move an 8 seed up to 4? Wouldn't you move the 8 up to 7, 7 up to 6, 6 up to 5, and finally the 5 up to the 4?

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I think people on CF are giving UNI too much hate, but that also isn't a fair comparison. You could also put UNI in the7-8 spot and move all the other teams down. I think that would be a lot more realistic

Edit: looks like Andy beat me to it

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
Wichita State should probably be a 6 seed now. UNI, if they win, should be a 4. If Illinois State gets in, they're likely a 14.

The MVC is nowhere near the level of the Big 12 but UNI and Wichita State are both good teams. I'm not going to speculate where they would finish in the Big 12 or anything like that. That's useless. If you've actually watched both teams play multiple times this year, you know they are both good teams.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
Why would you move an 8 seed up to 4? Wouldn't you move the 8 up to 7, 7 up to 6, 6 up to 5, and finally the 5 up to the 4?
I think he said this because there was somebody on page two of this thread who said something along the lines of "put them in the 8/9 matchup. If they're so good, let them prove it!" which is probably the dumbest argument possible.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

The reason I phrased the question the way I did is because CyForPresident specifically wrote that he (or she, for all I know) would love to see UNI/WSU as an 8 seed. Therefore, I thought it only natural to ask what team that is currently an 8 seed that would deserve a 4 seed over UNI. You could certainly do a hypothetical situation the way in which you described, but the 8 seed was specifically mentioned.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I think he said this because there was somebody on page two of this thread who said something along the lines of "put them in the 8/9 matchup. If they're so good, let them prove it!" which is probably the dumbest argument possible.
Not really. I don't think UNI deserves the 4. And besides, what he said doesn't mean you have to switch them

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Not really. I don't think UNI deserves the 4. And besides, what he said doesn't mean you have to switch them

You certainly don't have to switch them. All just hypothetical; which is certainly a part of these kinds of message boards, right?

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
I'm with WooClone on this one. If you believe one team is deserving of an 8 seed (UNI), it does not mean that you think another 8 seed is deserving of a 4 seed.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
You certainly don't have to switch them. All just hypothetical; which is certainly a part of these kinds of message boards, right?

I see what you're saying, I just thought it was kind of a mixed up argument to say that he was dumb for considering UNI an 8 seed because that would mean he thought an 8 seed should be a 4. Like you said, it's all hypothetical anyways, but I think UNI should be somewhere in the middle, around a 6 seed.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

I made a rational argument upwards in the thread that they and WSU have no better resume than a team on the bubble, using texas as an example.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
If I was a betting man, I know I would pick Wichita State's opponent knocking them off in the first round!

Agreed. If they draw a 6 seed right next to us then we'll get to play an 11 seed in the 2nd round. I predict that Wichita's opponent will be the most common upset pick in ESPN's bracket game.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I see what you're saying, I just thought it was kind of a mixed up argument to say that he was dumb for considering UNI an 8 seed because that would mean he thought an 8 seed should be a 4. Like you said, it's all hypothetical anyways, but I think UNI should be somewhere in the middle, around a 6 seed.

Hey, I never wrote he was dumb. I do admit that as a dual fan that I've gotten a little defensive and at times a little personal with certain posters who I perceive as just being paranoid and butt hurt that UNI has a really good team this season and is ranked above ISU, and I'm trying not to be so thin-skinned and oversensitive myself. I'm really not trying to take things personally on here and in return not be personal myself. I think it's a good thing to be able to agree to disagree without being disagreeable.

Anyway, a #6 seed is a strong possibility if we (UNI) lose tomorrow, and I think with a win we're in solid position for a 4 seed, with an outside shot at a 5 depending on what other teams do.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
Hey, I never wrote he was dumb. I do admit that as a dual fan that I've gotten a little defensive and at times a little personal with certain posters who I perceive as just being paranoid and butt hurt that UNI has a really good team this season and is ranked above ISU, and I'm trying not to be so thin-skinned and oversensitive myself. I'm really not trying to take things personally on here and in return not be personal myself. I think it's a good thing to be able to agree to disagree without being disagreeable.

Anyway, a #6 seed is a strong possibility if we (UNI) lose tomorrow, and I think with a win we're in solid position for a 4 seed, with an outside shot at a 5 depending on what other teams do.

I know you never said he was dumb, that was just how it came across to me.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
I don't believe that an 8 seed should jump to a 4 or whatever you guys came up with. I do believe that MVC teams are way overrated and shouldn't get a 4/5 seed. My post was simply something I'd like to see happen. Kinda like sticking Kentucky and the region of death with WSU last year. Basically a giant FU, prove it from the committee