Wrestling Nationals ticket allotment

GoWrestle

Sep 4, 2023
Just got the athletic department email....and I'm pretty annoyed. We only received a ticket allotment of 200 from NCAA for nationals this year?? What a joke...i'd like to see what other schools received.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Just got the athletic department email....and I'm pretty annoyed. We only received a ticket allotment of 200 from NCAA for nationals this year?? What a joke...i'd like to see what other schools received.

Are we the host conference? Do they have something like that?

GoWrestle

Sep 4, 2023
I don't think so...this is nothing like I've seen in years past. We donate at the $1500 level and have never had a problem getting tickets for nationals. This year only $15,000 level donors even have access to our allotment.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
T-Mobile Center is 18k capacity. With only 200 tickets, ISU only got a ~1.1% allotment out of the full capacity. That is ridiculous

Reactions: CloneFanInKC

4everClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Ames
I don't think so...this is nothing like I've seen in years past. We donate at the $1500 level and have never had a problem getting tickets for nationals. This year only $15,000 level donors even have access to our allotment.
Did you go to Pittsburg?

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Glad to know I’m not the only one confused and frustrated base off of previous season(s) process compared to this season.

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Just saw it & I was floored. I was planning to go for the first time. Guess I'll see what general public ticket availability looks like tomorrow.

dukeebear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 30, 2006
Ames
I am just glad I will be able to go this year. I am always gone during the tournament except the St Louis Covid tourney

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Question for you guys that have attended nationals previously: I’m looking to purchase one single session ticket, which one (from an Iowa State perspective) do you suggest? I’m leaning towards Saturday AM, thoughts?

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Question for you guys that have attended nationals previously: I’m looking to purchase one single session ticket, which one (from an Iowa State perspective) do you suggest? I’m leaning towards Saturday AM, thoughts?
Saturday AM is probably the worst session of the tournament. Guys are worn out and already all Americans, last weigh in, generally a little sloppy. Friday has the best sessions with quarters that morning and my personal favorite is semifinals Friday night

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Friday nights semi-final session and it's not even close. Crowd is jacked up, best wrestling happens and the atmosphere is through the roof.

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
Friday nights semi-final session and it's not even close. Crowd is jacked up, best wrestling happens and the atmosphere is through the roof.
I echo this. There is no way to put into words how incredible the atmosphere is on Friday night.

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
So I've been on the NCAA site and it looks like all the sessions are sold separately. So are there no all-session tickets? It also looks like the only tix available are top deck on one end. Is this similar to past years or are tickets that much tougher to get this year? TIA.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
T-Mobile Center is 18k capacity. With only 200 tickets, ISU only got a ~1.1% allotment out of the full capacity. That is ridiculous

It's allegedly 17.5k for hockey, so more like 17k (or maybe a shade under) for wrestling.

The host school/LOC gets up to 10% (for 2024, that's Mizzou and the KC Sports Commission).
Corporate partners and ESPN usually get a slice.
Other seats get "killed" for various reasons.

Divide the rest by 75 teams.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
The atmosphere is amazing on Friday night, but I prefer the wrestling in the quarters.

1. You’re more likely to see more Cinderellas in the quarters.
2. Feel like Friday night with the big spotlight can make guys tighten up a bit more. Quarters you will have unseeded or low seeded guys letting it fly for a chance to AA.

The downfall is there is 4 matches per weight, so much harder to watch them all.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Did anyone else receive a response from ISU for a request for NCAA tickets today?

ISU_Cyclones

May 9, 2018
We got some too! I was worried reading the early part of this thread, does anyone know how many tickets ISU ended up being able to give out? Are they going to seat ISU fans together? I've never been before so very new to how this works.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron