Worst towns in Iowa

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I'm kind of surprised nobody has mentioned my hometown. Oh wait, there's nobody there so that's impossible

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Denison, IA

Whole city smells like crap b/c of Farmland

Don't forget to add Arion, it smells just as bad and has to have the highest percentage of trailers with stripped down cars in yards in the state.

And the smell is from the rendering plant. Drove by it about a month ago and about puked.

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
Basically if your town has a Pizza Ranch in it, It is in consideration! Have you seen the people who eat at Pizza Ranch?

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Clarinda

images

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
Isn't it due to the protein facility just before the ethanol plant? Use to be a dog food plant years ago.

It's the protein facility, the ethanol plant, Farmland, Tyson (if it hasn't closed), the dog food plant that I think is still there, and the sewage lagoon along HWY 59/30/141. On the right day, the town is one big smog cloud.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I can only assume the people not responding with a resounding OTTUMWA have never been there because it isn't even close. You have Ottumwa and then everything else.

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I can only assume the people not responding with a resounding OTTUMWA have never been there because it isn't even close. You have Ottumwa and then everything else.

Without Ottumwa, where do you expect the rest of the state to get all of its meth?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Just drove through Ottumwa, they have added both a Kohl's and a Pizza Ranch, whatever that means. They had a lovely Christmas light display in the park by the river. My vote goes to Iowa City and Ankeny. Iowa City for obvious reasons. Ankeny just seems like a lot of box stores.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
When I was in high school, we couldn't play baseball at Maquoketa or Muscatine without the dipshits on those teams calling us n*****s and starting fights. So those two towns definitely go on my list.

PhillipJCY

Mar 7, 2012
New New York
Those places suck in as much as they can be really boring, cookie-cutter chain store/restaurant dominated and lack any kind of unique character. But they aren't impoverished, dangerous, etc.

That's what you think. I had a pair of shoes and backpack stolen out of my car near the Aquatic Center in West Des Moines. I will never feel safe in the area again! Also, the thieves didn't take the stack of school textbooks I had in the backseat so I do not believe they are college educated. Those books are worth their weight in gold (buying, not selling back..).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron